Saturday, 18 April 2009

Eternal Twilight Convention - Day 3

Last day *sob*So, I bought my ticket for the next Twilight convention in October - I have silver 13 (hoping it’s going to be lucky!) went back to my hotel to finish getting ready and then came back for about 10am to discover Justin was running behind, but I had just enough time to go buy a new photo for Kellan to sign (since I wasn’t keen on the one we were given) and then head in to get my autograph from him early!!

Now…I had managed to get myself worked up about this one!! Basically because I was fast developing a crush on him!! Had always loved Emmett in the books and thought his portrayal was wonderful in the movie and wouldn’t have kicked him out of bed - but my word in the flesh he is….gorgeous!! Plus someone had told me the day before that they’d shook his hand and he gazed right into their eyes and everything - so I was gonna try and ask!! Waited in line for my turn and then one of the crew asked me if they minded going in front of me to get all this stuff signed that I guess is for future competitions, auctions etc etc. Heck, I wasn’t going to complain - I was next in line, it just meant I got to stand there and gaze at him longer!!

And here comes my next embarrassing moments! I’m watching him sign all this stuff when a girl runs over to him, drapes herself over his shoulders and whispers something to him. He laughs and looks up at her and I am stood there glaring at this girl thinking ‘where the hell is security and why are they letting some random fan run up to him like that?!’ Only when she moved away and went towards the table next to him, did I realise it was actually Ashley!! I just hope neither noticed the glare I gave, because it might have come across as being psychotic, when really I was just worried about him!! Sorry!!

Anyways, he gets done signing all the things, takes my picture and takes the little post it note off and sticks it to his table. He signs my pic and I’m sure we must have said something to each other, if only hello and general pleasantries. When he had done, he handed the picture to me and I’m just blurt out ‘can I just shake your hand?!’ He looked confused at first, so heck knows what he thought I was going to ask him!! He grins his big grin said ‘sure’ and stuck his hand out for me. I shake his hand (very nice and firm - manly!) grin back at him (probably like an idiot) and then say thank you and wander away. Cue embarrassing moment number 3! Next thing I know he’s calling me back (by name), asking me if I want the name tag he’d taken off!! I turn, he’s holding it out to me, with a silly grin on his face and hands it to me, I thanked him and almost tripped over myself in wandering off again in a dream, I have NO idea why I wanted it, but hell he wanted to give it to me….and I can just delude myself completely that he simply wanted me back!! Hey, it was nice to have him call my name!!! I swear he dazzled me because I came away from that signing feeling more….excitable and a few butterflies were fluttering in my tummy more than anything that happened the day before!!!

Oh…I should add that that morning, when I had bought my next con ticket…I was also tempted to buy another photo shoot with Kellan simply because I wanted a hug!! With my silver ticket I got a photo with each guest included, but you could buy extra’s for £10 - and I gave in!! So, after this signing I was suddenly REALLY looking forward to it and hoping to get my hug!!

Before that though I still had to get my photos signed by Justin and Christina. Justin was still running behind, probably because he writes something different on everyone’s photo and likes to chat with them! He was also rather ill. Having caught Peter’s cold I think and his agent was dosing him up on cough medicine. Just before I got my photo signed he took a break to take some more, but thankfully as the crew member had already asked my name for my photo, I would get it personalised, I was one of the last to get a personalised photo signed by Justin since they stopped it due to having so many people still to get through. I didn’t say too much to him, he looked up and say Hey, then decided that was the perfect thing to write on my photo, he signed it (he put the wrong date!) I thanked him and said I hoped he felt better soon, he thanked me and I left.

I feel bad that they’ve all been sick at some point over this trip, though I think some were self induced by late nights and drinking! But, I hope the colds and coughs and stuff don’t put them off coming to see us again!!

Christian wasn’t personalising photos by the time I got to her either, but she was very sweet, though neither of us said much, she signed my photo, I thanked her and left. I think whilst I was standing in line for her I had been watching Peter at the next table a lot as well…erm, oops!! :p

So…after that I wandered off to post my guest question (for the talks) in the box back at the registration desk and they gave me my group photo of the cast that silver ticket holders got (and I had forgotten about, so good job I went down there!) when I came back, Kate and Claire informed me they had just called for anyone with extra photos for Kellan - I panicked!! Lmao!! Before the photos you’re supposed to put all your bags in the cloak room, to make things quicker so you’re not juggling with bags etc during the photos. Since I had only done signings all morning, I still had all mine and was wondering what to do, Claire took them from me in the end and told me to just go, she’d watch them!

I go get in line, it’s moving too quick…I watched a couple of guys messing about having their photos taken with Kellan and pulling funny poses - I at first think they’re just cool fans. Only much later that night did I discover they were in fact friends of Kellan’s who had travelled over with him!!! A couple of girls in front of me had hug photos, I think the first one because she had tickets for two pics and he liked to make them different, and then he just hugged the next one. With the girl before me he went back to the usual pose, with just his arm around her and my heart dropped a little. But I stood there waiting, thinking ‘just ask him, do it‘! I’m told to go ahead, I look up at him and it just blurts out, ‘can I get a hug?’ (I’m still worried about the crew shouting at me and telling me they don’t have time!) Kellan just has this huge smile on his face, laughs a little and holds his arms open for me (think he said sure or of course or something - but I‘m too giddy by this point!). I walk into them, fold my arms around him as he placed his on my back. And Stephenie Meyer was right!! He holds you SO tight, it’s like a huge bear hug and he feels so powerful beneath you he could easily be a vampire, and yet he’s such a teddy bear. We both turn to look at the camera and I’m very very aware of how close to me he is and everything. The moment is over far too soon, I’m hoping the camera breaks or there’s a problem and they need to take it again, but the photographer looks at the back, decides it’s fine and I’m told to take a ticket. It takes me a second to understand I’m supposed to move on…I let go of him reluctantly and I’m not sure if it’s my feet or his, but I seemed to stumble on something a little and I have issues with grabbing hold of the ticket the woman is trying to give me!! Someone gives a quiet laugh behind me, Kellan? Or was it just the next person he was already busy with?

I exit the photo shoot room, rather dream like and find my friends again. I have a huge grin on my face and Claire declared I look rather flushed!! I told her I just had an Emmett bear hug and she’s happy for me (since I had been going on about it all morning!)

I think we all went out to eat some time after that - but I’m still a bit spaced out - also, not long after the hug and everything I get a horrid headache - I decide he is the cure and the prospect of seeing him has kept it at bay all morning!!
We get back to the hotel in plenty of time for the last talks from everyone, but the room is crowded waiting to go in, we’re sat in a corridor and almost get trodden on a few thousand times!! Never mind! We finally get in for the talks and they’re as hilariously funny as the day before - my camera still has issues, but I did get one decent shot of Kellan and a not bad one of Peter as they came into the room.
In-between one of the talks, I nip out of the room to check if my photo of me and Kellan is back. It is - and I grin like an idiot because it’s SO gorgeous and I love it and it was well worth the extra £10! Only on closer inspection, I look at my hands on his back and realise the way they splayed all over him I look SO possessive!! Lmao!! It’s quite hilarious really!!

After the last talk with all 6 guests, it’s the closing ceremony where everyone is thanked for coming and making it a success and the organisers say they would love to work with them again and the guests thank us and all this - they slowly file out of the room and I want to cry!! It’s almost all over…I don’t want it to end!! After a brief video is shown of the weekend (there is going to be a DVD), prizes are handed out and announcements made etc etc….we all file out and hang around all miserable for a bit, not sure what to do - there’s still a couple of hours until the party!! We decide to go back to our hotel rooms to chill out for a bit and then get ready for the last party, of which this is a 1901 Chicago theme (the year and place Edward was born) Back in my room I eat some snacks and spread my photos all over the bed - lol!!

We didn’t get to the party until almost 10, since Claire nodded off and we were going together. Not to worry, I think all the guests had gone anyways, so we missed nothing much. The attempts at authentic costumes were amazing though - some people had gone to so much effort and I was glad I had tried - even had some people wanting to take our photos! One of the best was a couple where he was dressed almost like Dracula!! Had to take his photo! A shame the guests never got to see us dressed in all our finery!! The decorationss weren’t as grand tonight, a black and white theme with those fake flames on the stage - but a lot of people had left already, so the party was quieter. If the guests had attended they might have enjoyed it more without being mobbed so much!. That night we didn’t go into the disco much, we hung around the bar area just talking with many different people. Kate had to leave early to get her train home, but the rest of us were staying, so we got to party. And we just kept chatting about anything and everything - from Twilight to horror movies and mediums to strange fans and gyspy’s at one point :p

Before we knew it, the last people had left the dance floor, the DJ was packing up, chairs were being stacked and apart from crew around the bar relaxing after their hectic weekend, we were the only ones’ left!! Oops!! We didn’t want to go, because then that was admitting it was over! But finally at just after 1.30am, we gave in and all headed back to our rooms, after exchanging emails, promising to meet at the next convention and hugging people goodbye!! It was SO sad…I did bump into one of the girls at the station the next day, catching the same train…my phone lost the will to live at the station as well and broke on me (must have been all the texts I did - Hahahah!!) and I got on the train to head home…back to reality *sob*

I think the worst thing about it all being over - apart from missing the buzz of it all, seeing the guests at random times and everything, is going from being around so many like minded people where you could talk Twilight 24/7 and have people just understand everything and agree and share the passion. To being back where I have to explain what I’m on about, they don’t get it or I am ignored! Having someone understand the significance of a Volvo, what La Push Cliff Diving is, laugh when you say ‘it’s a worm’, know who Kellan is when I mention his name and many other silly little things is a big deal to me. ..and I miss that!

But…bring on October! Eternal Twilight 2 - New Moon Rising Convention. Only another 32 weeks to go!! So far they have Billy Burke (he plays Chief Charlie Swan - Bella’s Dad) lined up to appear. And I am hoping so bad for Jackson Rathbone (Jasper Hale) to attend the next one and I would love for Kellan to come back too! I might not be able to control myself with both of them there though - lol!!

*FYI none Twilighters:
Kellan Lutz plays Emmett Cullen.
Ashley Greene plays Alice Cullen.
Peter Facinelli plays Dr Carlisle Cullen.
Justin Chon plays Eric Yorkie
Christian Serratos plays Angela Webber.

xC

No comments:

Post a Comment