Sunday, 29 May 2011

The one where I get excited....finally!!

So...two things have happened that made me entirely forget that I even wrote that previous blog. That I ever had a silly tantrum about it all…and forgot what all the fuss was about!! Ha!!

What were they? Well…firstly Jackson tweeted that same night that a Tornado was heading his way (he was in Oklahoma filming at the time!) and then that they were all bunkered down in the hotel’s kitchen. So…obviously then all I could think about was his safety and praying nothing would happen to him - as you would with anyone you care about! And refusing to go to bed until I knew he was safe!



Once he tweeted that he was safe and sound and the storm had blown over…I was SO relieved that nothing more mattered to me than that he was alive and well somewhere out there in this big wide world (and now I sound like Fivel the mouse!) but yeah….couldn’t care less if he had a harem of girlfriends and I was the biggest delusionist (made that up, kay?) on the planet! Because…he was alive and safe and unharmed….and that’s all that mattered!!

And number two thing that happened was just this Friday. FINALLY, after almost 18 months of promising me (via various questions submitted in interviews, chats etc) 100 Monkeys have announced UK tour dates!! YAY!!! Okay, it’s not until December when it’s going to be bitterly cold and I pray for the first time ever for NO snow. But…they’re finally coming here.



At the moment it’s only 3 dates, but I guess they may add more if time allows and if they sell out quick. I shall most definitely be buying tickets to all 3 when they go on sale on Wednesday morning. Might look into popping over to France too…maybe. Don’t know yet, depends on cash, dates and willingness of someone coming with me. And yay of all - it clashes with nothing!! I can go to the US in October risk free of missing them.

Of course we have a couple of obstacles to climb before I can really get excited and start the countdown. The first is actually purchasing the tickets - I always panic about it and get stressed out - mind you at least with it being general admission I don’t have to worry about good seats (just have to worry about queuing to get in to get a good spot in the bloody cold!) But as they are such small venues, I am worried about them selling out before I get a ticket!! Thankfully I have the week off work, so I shall be online, armed with credit card, read to buy at 9am on Wednesday!



And the other is, do I even bother asking work for the last week off before Christmas holidays? Or do I just not say anything and then call in sick that week? Because the fact is, that if they say no, I can’t have it off….well…I’m still going to! Like I said, waited months and months for this to happen and I am not missing out just because they think you can plan your life into a few silly holidays a year - life doesn’t work like that! So, am not sure what to do about that one. I guess if they have the staff to cover it won’t be an issue and they have recently allowed Nicolle, Aimee and Dawn to have time off for holidays…but then I wasn’t allowed a day off in Feb for the convention. So…I don’t know. I’ll see what other people think I guess and then beg them…

But…YAY!!! It’s about time I had something definite to look forward to….something to make life worth living and even if I am already worried about snow and not being allowed the time off and other such factors that will plague my hopes (because I am SO pessimistic) I’m gonna finally get to see my man *grins* and he’s not gonna know what’s hit him!! Lmao!!



xC

No comments:

Post a Comment