
Let me clarify…I mean those 100 Monkey fans who think that they own the band because they discovered them ‘first’ and that all these newbies coming along simply because a band member plays a Twilight character are not deemed good enough to like them.
Now, whilst I can fully understand and be annoyed myself at a small group of fans who will go to where the band is playing with no thought or care for their music, they are simply there in the hopes of meeting ‘Jasper’, not Jackson, and to try and get ‘Jasper’s autograph. Yes, those fans I can understand being pissed at - I would be too!!
But, the fans who discovered 100 Monkeys because of Twilight, checked out their music, liked it and wanted to see the band live…nope - I can’t understand their issue with them. And seemingly neither can the band, because they have often said they don’t care what brings you through the door, if you like what you hear when you get there!!
So, why are some of them still so bitchy about it all? I know this happens in every single fan base I have encountered and I never get it. We’re all their for the same reason, we all love the music and surely putting off some people from going to see them is only doing the band damage?! They want further exposure and more publicity, then you’re gonna have to get used to more new fans discovering them.

(l-r Ben J, Jerad, Jackson, Ben G)
Personally, I did find the band through Twilight. And as we all know I am a Twilight fan. But, more than that…I am a Jackson Rathbone fan. It is because of Twilight that I finally realised who this man I liked in Beautiful People was….and it’s because of Twilight that I checked out more of Jackson’s work - anything I could get my hands on, because I am a fan of his huge talent. And that included checking out his band.

Now, anyone who reads my blog (i.e. no one!) or knows me personally will know that at first I wasn’t too enthralled with 100 Monkey’s music. Possibly because I only ever heard dodgy live versions online and I didn’t understand their lyrics and stuff from those video clips. But…the more I listened, the more chances I gave them and the more I investigated their music, coming to understand where it all comes from, what the lyrics mean and everything…the more I liked the band and I now consider myself a 100 Monkeys fan! I am also a Twilight fan, a Jackson Rathbone fan….and if you really wanna know, I am also a fan of vampires, Michael Jackson, Stephen Gately, Boyzone, Charmed, Brian Krause…and about a hundred other things!!
I wish people would not judge me on my taste in music or movies or books and accept that I can like other stuff….I have an eclectic taste in most things. So, that mans that I can love Twilight and Jasper, and still love and appreciate 100 Monkeys for their music and all the band mates.
IF they ever get their butts to the UK…or I work something out with going to see the band in the USA….I will see them because I want to see them live - the shows always look so much fun!! But I shall confess I will also go for the chance to see Jackson in the flesh and in the hopes of meeting him and the other guys after the show (erm…especially Jerad…because I have a developing thing for him!)

But, yeah…don’t judge me because I like both or because I lust after Jackson….I can be a fan of more than one thing at once - thanks!! I’m that clever!!
xC

No comments:
Post a Comment