Sunday, 7 November 2010

Eternal Twilight 4 Convention - day 2

Saturday

Up, bright and early and thankfully now headache free, we got ready for a busy morning of photo shoots, autograph signing, hanging around dealers room and chatting to friends - new and old!! First thing in the morning - half asleep, was my photo shoot with Chaske - as I have a silver ticket (and I always get one because it seems a better deal to me!) I get photos with all the guests included, as well as the autographs.

As always…the photo shoot is over so quickly - the photographer does his usual spiel and routine to every single person (why he doesn’t put it on tape I dunno!) and you’re kind of herded through like sheep!! I know they have a lot of people to get through, but it sometimes feels as though you don’t really ‘meet’ these people. I would definitely buy extra photos with Jackson and mess up some on purpose just so I could get to stand in his arms that little bit longer - my meeting with him is not going to last merely five seconds!! Anyways, for some reason the photographer took two shots of me with Chaske - again!!

Photobucket

After him, was time for my Julia autograph. I admit that I don’t know much about her or what she’s like, so I didn’t really say much to her and she didn’t say much to me. I sometimes feel awkward with some of the guests as I want to interact, but don’t have anything I feel the need to say or ask or whatever - but, she was sweet enough. I then went in search of Roz so as we could get breakfast. I know a lot of people get up at ridiculous times so they can get breakfast in first - not me! I slot it in when I have a free half hour or something between shoots and auto signing - makes more sense to me!!

Photobucket

After breakfast, was off for more photoshoots, next with the adorable BooBoo who I just want to adopt!! And then Julia…again photoshoots with the girls are sometimes a little awkward as I’m not always sure how to stand…and she does look a bit uncomfortable on most photos I have seen!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Obtaining Gil’s autograph again was a little strange, because I’m not sure if whatever he was saying was directed at me or to the crew member sat with him...but erm…I just did my usual hi and thank you and that was about it!! I am going to have to come up with scripts for all of them!! Usually you can tell when I like someone because I say more to them or talk crap to them!! Lmao!!

Photobucket

Bronson photo - decided to ask him for a hug shot, since I’d already met him before and wanted something a bit different. I’m afraid I’m too shy to pose silly with the guests as some of the people do - not in front of everyone anyway!! A hug is about as adventurous as I get!! Some of the silly pose shots other get do look cool though!!

Photobucket

Really can't remember anything happening when I got Chaske's autograph...so much so that I even originally forgot to type about that bit!! I'm sure he was lovely, but I just can't remember much! I know I spoke to him more last time, but, if I remember correctly, there was hardly any queue for him, so it was all over with really quick and I hadn't time to think of something! I think sometimes it's better getting the autographs the second day - gives me more chance to figure something out!

Photobucket

Leah was being adorable in her photo shoots - hugging everyone as they stepped forward and saying it was nice to meet you, then posing and stopping for a little chat if you wanted. I know the crew were pulling their hair out as it meant they were getting really behind and had tons of people to get through and stuff - but I thought she was so lovely and made it all the more personal!! As unexcited as I was to meet her originally, she became a favourite guest from the weekend as she was just too sweet and genuine!!

Photobucket

In-between all the photos and autographs I was searching for Roz as she had both keys to our room and I needed to drop something off upstairs - okay, I had been in the dealers room again and bought myself a New Moon candle! Finally found her and went upstairs for a bit of a breather…then remembered I needed to get back downstairs for my final photo of the day with Gil.

Bumped into some friends as we exited the lift, including the girl who had been dressed as Jasper the night before and apologised for not speaking to her then, but I just couldn’t do it - she found that hilarious!!

Made it in time for my photo with Gil - asked for a hug to make it a bit different again and he was very sweet about it. Never had any of them refuse to be honest! And then I was pretty much done for the day - all photo shoots and half of my autographs out of the way anyways!!

Photobucket

After that we had some time to kill until the talks began - arranged to meet up with Roz in the queue outside and I wandered off somewhere….I can’t really remember what we did - I think I went up to our room and got watching some crap on TV and then panicked when I realised I should have met up with Roz!! Got downstairs and her group had just gone in (I wait back and sit in the standard section with her as it’s just much more fun to sit with a friend rather than all alone!) and we found each other easy enough - she’d just got sat down when I spotted her!!

Photobucket

I can’t actually remember much from the talks…there were some laughs and giggles and stuff there, but I found a lot of the questions rather repetitive!!! Mostly I remember the questions to Leah about working with Jackson (surprisingly!) and how the director (David Slade) had told her to look at Jackson as though he was a piece of candy that she really wanted….so Gil being naughty asked if it was hard candy and that just sent my mind boggling!! And she also said how lovely and sweet and talented he was to work with *sigh*

Photobucket

There were other rather silly moments throughout the talks - but I can never remember enough…I know we’re not allowed, but IF Jackson ever does a UK con and he has talks - the MP3 recorder IS going on - so there :p I might find some naughty you tube clips that will remind me for now!! Nope - nothing! Ah well - something will come back to me…perhaps Roz can remember or maybe they just weren’t that many interesting questions and answers or I heard them all before?!?! I do remember people getting Leah to sing and she had a gorgeous voice!!

Photobucket

During one of the breaks in the talks, I wandered off to go see if my photos were ready….and it was like a scrum!! Quite literally!! It was totally ridiculous with the tables crowded, people pushing in and shoving and crew yelling at us! I tried moving along the tables, looking for them all - but no one else moved along as others pushed in…I tried to wait for a gap to squeeze in or look over people’s heads….no bloody luck!! After getting squashed and having my hair pulled and shoved out of the way - I gave up, got annoyed and left in a huff - deeming it all pathetic!!

Photobucket

Once all the talks were done, it was time for the auction. Roz and I moved closer to the front…in case we fancied bidding on something. She was interested in a signed photo of Rob…but didn’t dare go up too high in fear of it resulting in divorce!! When someone won it for about £60 though - she wished she’d gone higher!! Considered bidding on the dinner, just for a laugh and to annoy someone who has to purchase it every time….but didn’t in the end!!

And we all know what happened with my Jackson T-shirt!! Yep….we had no repeats of ET3 this time! I got my man’s clothing….I was a happy bunny despite being £300 worse off and having people inform me I was mad!! Well, if you mean mad about Jackson - you’re right! I adore the boy and don’t care how much it cost me - that damn thing made me happy and now, a week later - I’m still thrilled with it!! So…we had no mood swings or wanting to cry this time and to be honest I missed a lot of the rest of the items in the auction because I kept playing with my T-shirt and looking through the photos!! Lmao!!

Photobucket

Towards the end of the auction, we decided we were starving and nothing else interesting seemed to be cropping up and, to be honest after a £300 spend - perhaps I had better quit whilst I was ahead!! So, we nipped off to check on the photo situation - it was much calmer now and some kind crew member had even sorted all my photos into a pile for me - much, much easier!! So I won’t try and deal with the scrum again, just wait a bit and they‘ll be ready! And then we went for pizza in the lounge bar. Only slightly more expensive than food in the ‘school canteen Twilight food court’ but it tasted SO much better!! We even had a naughty dessert between us and got away without paying for our drinks - bonus!!

Upstairs we were able to chill out, watch X Factor and laze around for an hour or so before we started getting ready for the party. Tonights theme - Volturi ball!!

On arrival at the party - headed straight for the bar and bought a Vampire’s Kiss (a cocktail invented for the events (I think!) consisting of vodka, strawberry and cranberry juice - rather nice!) and wandered around the ball room checking out the decorations. Was all done very well again - they had a part set up like the Volturi ‘thrones’, huge gargoyle type statues on the dance floor,

Photobucket

part set up like an Italian fountain and lots of red banners and things everywhere. They even had a couple of people juggling with fluorescent balls and things. And most people had made some effort with their costumes - there were some gorgeous outfits!

Photobucket

The photographer, Giles, was busy taking many photos (which you can purchase later) of people sat on the thrones, so we decided to join in on that one! We spent the night wandering about, taking many silly photos, sitting here and there and watching the goings on, chatting with friends and having a laugh. I had another drink and got a little giggly. Mum called me whilst I was being accosted by a couple of drunk girls who claimed I was their new best friend because I’d bought Jackson’s t-shirt and that they would have bought it if they were rich and were going on and on about something - couldn’t get rid of them and Giles was waiting to take our photo by the fountains!

Photobucket


Photobucket

After that, I went to find a quiet place to call my Mum and have a bit of sit…and discovered a rather strange sight of some girl sat alone on a couch, wrapped up in a blanket, with slippers on, reading a book. Yeah - she was enjoying the party :s Had she been kicked out of her room or something?! Strange! After my phonecall, I persuaded Roz to get on the dance floor for a few numbers before we called it a night - Muse ‘Super Massive Black Hole’ came on whilst we were dancing, much to our delight!! And….we called it a night just before 1am.

Photobucket

Quite glad we did go up then as apparently a fight broke out shortly after that - with some guests from a wedding in the hotel, gate-crashing our party and starting something with Bronson. I heard so many different versions of what happened - but from what I can gather, they realised he was famous and something erupted, the whole atmosphere in the ballroom had changed, there was a strong smell of drugs coming from a wedding party guest and in the end, when Jason went to diffuse the situation - he got punched or head butted by a wedding guest and finished up with a broken nose!! So…I am glad we missed all that - because it would have just put a damper on the whole evening, and we’d had a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment