Sunday, 7 November 2010

Eternal Twilight 4 Convention - day 1

Eternal Twilight Four
Birmingham Hilton Metropole
October 22nd - 24th 2010


Friday

So, after all the drama of the last few weeks - the cancelled guests, the revelations of wristbands and montages being given this time and the subsequent tantrums about them on the forums. And my own personal disappointment with the guest list and SM/ME in general….it was Birmingham bound that I found myself.

My train arrived on time - wonders never cease!! And I met up with my lovely friend Roz at the station. A quick cab ride over to the hotel (I don’t do 10 minute walks with loads of luggage darling!) and we were checked in really quick this time - did the hotel learn to put extra staff on after the last ET events huge queue waiting to check in at the same time?!

After dumping our luggage up in our room, we went back down to register with the convention….and got our packs, the unpopular montage photo (I was SO thrilled with mine, it got rolled up!) and we were clasped into our annoying wristbands for the weekend (except the silly woman did mine too loose and I could get it on and off - yay!) After that poor Roz was starving, so we went into the lounge to get a snack and sort out our schedules for the weekend.

Hunger temporarily sated for now, headed off for a peak in the dealers room….and was disappointed!! There was nothing new at all - despite there having been a new movie and merchandise out since last time. I had been hoping and almost expecting a load of stills from Eclipse - especially Jasper in a uniform and there was nothing - just one headshot of each main cast member - rubbish!! All I bought were a few 8x10‘s of the guests to get signed (apart from those I printed off myself that I liked better!)

Bumped into Nina and her friend whilst heading back to our room and had a quick hello and introductions to Roz etc….but she managed to annoy me in those few minutes enough!! Went back to our room to kill a bit of time until the opening ceremony…and then we got down a bit late and we finished up sat at the back - not to worry!! Jason (ME/SM co-boss) was on stage doing a poll by show of hands of who preferred the dog tags rather than the wristbands and who liked the montage pics…and it was unanimous that we all wanted the dog tags and the 8x10 shots of each guest back!

So, the guests for this convention were meant to be (after many, many cancellations and changes to the line up!) BooBoo Stewart, Julia Jones, Leah Gibson, Bronson Pelletier, Chaske Spencer and Kristen Prout. We get to the opening ceremony to discover that Kristen Prout had got an acting job at the last minute and had cancelled!! Well…that sucks!! That makes 5 cancellations this time - almost the complete original line up - the only one that remained the same was BooBoo - thankfully because he was the only one I was at all interested in - him playing the character of the only wolf I really like!!

But…then it was announced we had ‘surprise guests’. Now…there had been rumours about it online anyways….so it wasn’t much of a surprise to discover that Gil Birmingham and Charlie Bewley were coming back. Oh great!! Two more repeat guests for me…and Charlie was for a third time and I never liked him all that much last time!! How….erm…exciting….I don’t think!!! Anyways, all guests came onto the stage (apart from Charlie - he wasn’t arriving until the following afternoon) and short introductions and hellos were made….they filed off stage….a few more questions and information was given out….and we all left!!

Photobucket

Decided to go eat ’dinner’ in the Twilight food court before the party….only we took a wrong turn and finished up looking as though we were trying to gate crash the Gold wine reception!! Nope…just got momentarily lost since the whole layout had changed from last time!! And the food in there was not that great…no vegetarian option or anything really but wedges and it just felt like a school canteen!!

Upstairs we started to get ready for the party - that nights theme being ‘Edward and Bella’s wedding reception‘. The party was in full swing by the time we got down there - we got a drink, wandered around and found a seat. The room was decorated with the prom gazebo - this time covered in white tulle and twinky lights.

Photobucket

They had a top table set up - with a huge banner congratulating Mr and Mrs Cullen behind it and complete with name cards for the parents and happy couple.

Photobucket

A wedding cake - not sure if it was real or not!! And, for some strange reason the surf board thing (like the bucking bronco - but a surf board version!)

Photobucket

Roz and I sat around and took photos of each other - only to discover that Bronson was behind us, so…just casually took photos that he happened to get him into as well!! Bored with the actual ball room, we found a nice comfy sofa just outside and sat out there where we could chat and watch the goings on better - when some dude dressed as a wolf attacked us and insisted we took photos - was rather funny actually!!

Photobucket

Bumped into and chatted with some of my friends from past conventions….though one was dressed as Jasper for the night (along with another friend dressed as Alice) and I just couldn’t go speak to her - it was just…wrong!! I can not have fantasies about Jasper and then see a female friend dressed up as him - wrong!!

Photobucket

At one point in the night we finished up in the bar with Nina, Gillian and were soon joined by some of her friends I didn’t know. Bronson was hanging around the bar a bit and they all kept watching him and some were going over to him. But…by this time my headache I had woken up with and had refused to shift all day was really getting to me and I think by about midnight I decided I’d had it and we headed upstairs for bed!! Party pooper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment