Sunday, 7 November 2010

Eternal Twilight 4 Convention - day 3

Sunday

Another early morning…thought I wasn’t in such a rush this morning as my first thing wasn’t until 9.30am with Charlie…and I kinda wasn’t bothered!! Still, I was downstairs by 9am - picked up my charm bracelet from the day before (had had a couple more charms added!) and I also gave in and registered for the next conevtnion….buying Tamsin’s ticket too. Going to be quite an experience taking my 8 year old niece with me!!

Photobucket

Met up with Roz after my Charlie shoot - he was being his usual idiot….fooling around with people, talking silly French with someone and telling none funny jokes!! But he was rather…boring with me!! We had breakfast…best part of staying in The Hilton is the breakfasts!! And we both rushed off our separate ways to grab more photo shoots and autographs.

I got Bronson’s autograph next…..nothing highly exciting happened, got chatting to a nice lady and her kids whilst in line though. And then had some waiting around to do for my numbers to be called. Honestly, I found myself marching up and down the hallway no end, looking for somewhere to sit and then coming back to see if they were ready for me….there needs to be something to do or somewhere to go in-between shoots and signings….because at points I’m just hanging around like a loose end or something. Rather than wandering around the dealers room as though something new and exciting will appear. Just a room with video clips showing, quiz’s to do…books to read - something!!

Photobucket

I had Charlie’s autograph and was rather blunt about not wanting my name on it when the crew member asked me!! Oops!! Only because I already have it twice and I’m not bothered….so I decided to get it impersonalised and then sell it on eBay!! Hahahah!!

Photobucket

Booboo was adorable!! I was determined to speak to him more, because he was the only guest I had been looking forward to meeting! Bless him, he was sat on the edge of his table, rather than behind it on the chair and he was giving everyone hugs after he signed for them and just generally being very sweet and polite and friendly. As he had also stood up during his talk yesterday, I asked him cheekily if he was allergic to chairs or something!! He looked at the chair and then reasoned what I meant and he laughed and then said ‘yeah, you know…if I sit in them, my face all swells up!’ and we both laughed!! As he signed my photo I told him that he played the only wolf I really liked, and that Seth was my favourite because he accepted the Cullen’s and all that. He agreed with me and seemed rather grateful of my revelation and thanked me for saying that…then I got a hug, I thanked him very much and said bye…and went on my way, smiling to myself!!

Photobucket

Bless him….I know he’s far too young and I don’t see him like that at all - but can I just adopt him?! I don’t think I have ever known such a polite well mannered, friendly 16 year old!! Only later did I realise his dad was sat with him and I’d muttered all that in front of him - oops!!
I only had Leah’s autograph left to get, but she was running behind schedule. At ET4 they also had 3 authors signing. They had one last time and as I hadn’t read her books at the time, I didn’t bother. Then I read the books after and fell in love with them (think they are my 3rd favourite series after Twilight and Harry Potter) and regretted not meeting her!! I had already read two of the books, but not the third and bought that there. So, I got all them signed next. Panicked a bit when I was stood in one line for ages and thought I was going to miss Leah’s signing - so kept checking over to see if she was still sat there.

Finally got into her line…and she left! NO!!! but there was a sign saying to come back for 1pm…so hopefully I’d still get it!! Went upstairs after to our room and found Roz there, or she came in just after me….so we sat and had a drink and a chat, before we both headed back down for Leah’s last signing.

Since she had worked with Jackson….and she seemed so sweet…I had a silly question to ask her!! First of all she seemed to like the photo I had made up on the computer for her to sign…then I dared ask her my question…..what does Jackson smell like!! Pmsl!! I know….it’s silly!! She laughed, the crew member laughed and someone else laughed!! She then replied either old spice or spicey (I can’t remember now!) and laughed, so she was joking!! I then went on a bit, asking her how lovely he was and that I was desperate to meet him and stuff…and she kinda looked maybe a little miffed. And then I felt a bit bad for meeting her and telling her I wanna meet someone else - oops!! So, I then added what I had been thinking all weekend and told her that she reminded me of a younger Alyssa Milano. She smiled at that, looked up at me from signing Roz’s photo and thanked me, saying that was really a compliment. I thanked her and said bye and we both left…and I’m SO glad I added that in, else I might have gone away feeling bad!!

Photobucket

After that, we hung around as Roz still had a photo shoot with Charlie which was running WAY behind…and then when she joined that queue, I sat and spoke to a few friends and then went to get in line to go in for the talks. Got a good seat in the middle, first row of the standards and Roz had joined me before I’d even got my butt in the chair! Realised I had left the camera upstairs….so had a quick print for that! And settled down for the talks.


Photobucket
Again….nothing exciting can be remembered…Leah said she was Team Jasper (yay!) Charlie was rude, BooBoo and Bronson worked great together and….can’t remember much else!!

Photobucket

Disappeared in the break to order some photos from Giles….was in there ages and missed the start of the Leah & Charlie talk. Got talking to some nice girls sat next to us during the next break whilst Roz went to find her photos….and then I had to fight to stay awake at some points as I could have just fallen asleep!!

Photobucket

The closing ceremony was….well it was like a minute long o something - nothing at all ceremonial about it - the guests said bye, we applauded and they left the stage. The owners thanked us for coming, thanked their crew and that was about it!!

Photobucket

We filed out…and went upstairs for a breather and a lay down and got watching Glee!! But then decided we were hungry, so back into the bar lounge for another pizza. Wandering into the bar, searching for a table, we turned around to discover that Chaske and Gil were sat at a table, chatting with a bunch of girls. We ignored them and continued looking for a table, found one in the corner…sat down and then realised that BooBoo and his dad and some guy who thought he was in Florida (shorts, t-shirt, flip-flops and shades) were sat almost opposite us. Where I sat I had no choice but to look at him and felt a bit awkward! But then the waiters moved some tables around for someone else, and it blocked my view a bit, so I didn’t feel as though I was staring all the time!!

Dinner consumed, we finally returned to our room after having been ignored a little by the bar staff who I think were pandering to the celebs in there!! Ha! I’m paying too!! They were so long in taking away our plates, that we didn’t have time to order a dessert as well and wait for the bill - idiots!

Anyways, upstairs we got ready for the last nights party - Native American. I had gone rather gypsy/south American for this one….I considered doing the whole Pocahontas type thing, but didn’t want to be offensive…and my outfit is one I could imagine a girl living on a reservation now wearing - like Jacob’s older sisters or something.

Photobucket

The party was much quieter tonight, but there were still plenty of people there. Headed straight for the bar (we sound like alcoholics!) and wandered around a bit - looking at the decorations and finding people to chat to. All I remember is the return of the Bucking Bronco, a huge totem pole in the room and inflatable cactus’ on the tables. Bumped into some girls who informed us that one the actors who plays one of the Weasley twins from Harry Potter was hanging around the hotel and had been chatting to BooBoo - so that was who came over and joined their little party? I’d wondered who he was! Lol!!

Gil, Chaske and BooBoo were still around, in the lounge and sometimes in the party. At one point, BooBoo went for a go on the Bucking Bronco and loads of people took photos and video clips. And then later, once we got onto the dance floor, realised Chaske was dancing behind us too (okay, a few people behind us and we didn’t bother him - but was on the same dance floor :p) somehow missed him when he went on the Bucking Bronco later though!

Photobucket

Both Roz and I thought we weren’t going to last long tonight because we were SO tired from the weekend. But we found ourselves sat in the bar a bit later along with Nina (whom we’d found alone) and then her other friends joined us. Heck knows how it all started, but…some of the girls chatting with us had brought a cardboard cut out of Edward with them….and they decided to go bring it down from their room. Whilst she went up to get that, a woman came chatting to us who always brought this rather large stuffed toy of Shrek with her - I’ve seen him at at least 3 conventions now and wondered why!

Photobucket

Anyways, she was bloody hilarious!! She talked about Shrek as though he was real, her boyfriend and with such a straight face, as though she believed it all herself (I hope it was an act!) and then told us how sad she was because she’d had to spend extra on buying him a set of photos with the guest, because he was a celeb whore and complained about it!! As she was going on, I just about pissed myself laughing at - was fecking hilarious…and I felt rather normal :p

Edward arrived….and we all started being silly with him….we had an impromptu phot shoot in the bar, repeating the photographer’s mantra (ie taking the piss out of him!) and some rather questionable shots! And then we had a group shot…and obviously we caused a scene and other wanted in on it - including Shrek!! Pmsl!! Photo shoot over, Edward continued to glare at all an sundry in the lobby….until we decided to take him dancing!! Lmao!! So, doing the conga with Edward from the lobby and into the ballroom, we headed for the dance floor - with everyone looking at us gone out!! Honestly - I wasn’t drunk!!

Photobucket

The lady who owned the cut-out then decided to have a nice slow dance with him to the final song of the night, along with one of the crew members ballet dancing around the floor behind her….hmm!! Then he did some crowd surfing and a few more silly photos with the props…and we were all in stitches!! By then it was almost 1am, so after recovering from the giggles, Roz and I decided to head upstairs to bed!

After further giggles upstairs and chatting to my Mum who thought I was nuts….we went to bed - tired!



Monday


Convention all over - boohoo!! Had a bit of a lie in today since we didn’t have to leave the room until 12pm. Went down to breakfast about 10...and chatted over what we’d been up to the night before - couldn’t quite believe we’d really done that - but it was funny!! Saw the Shrek woman - asked her if she wasn’t feeding him this morning and she said that no, he just got too messy!!

Saw Chaske wander past the breakfast room….but either he was looking for someone or realised he had missed breakfast - poor thing!! And then before we left bumped into the two Edward cut-out ladies again and had a chat, swapped facebook details and finished up the last ones in the restaurant!!

Back to our room to pack…in speedy time!! Downstairs to check out….and sat with Nina and Gillian in the bar for half an hour to wait for the bus. Showed Nina my T-shirt and she tried to touch it and mess with it - the cow!! Had our usual row about men! It’s fine for her to say she doesn’t find Jackson attractive or she doesn’t fancy him, but the minute I say that’s okay, I don’t fancy anyone she does - she jumps down my throat about it - silly cow!! Finished up pissing me off - as usual….and then we had to go get the bus to the station anyway!!

Sat at the station about half an hour….our last few moments together….and then Roz had to go…..hugs and kisses goodbye and promises to meet up again soon!!

And that was….until February when I am taking my niece with me - God help me!! Lmao!!

XC

P.S. I know…still not done October 2009 con - I WILL do it - I promise (and I haven’t a clue who I am promising (myself?) because no one but me and Roz read this blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment