Wasn’t a too early start this morning, we didn’t have anything scheduled until 9.45am…which was a photo with Alex Meraz. Actually got downstairs earlier than we needed to, so it was a quick trip to the dealers room because apparently Tam needed some BooBoo badges - bless!! Tamsin decided to go before me in the queue for her photo…and she was so nervous - bless her!! Because she was nervous and wouldn’t smile, she finished up with 3 photos with him (I think an extra one because the woman mistook her photo ticket (on a child’s ticket) for an extra photo and I was naughty and never said anything - well, she never asked, just assumed and shouted it before I could say anything to the photographer!) anyways, they took a few photos, trying to get her to smile, but as you can see from the result - she was still very nervous about it all!! Alex was adorable with her though, he got down on his knees for the first shot, and then stood behind her for the next couple, supportively rubbing her shoulder and trying to cajole her along - bless him!

I went after her, and told him she was really nervous and that when I went to stand with him. The photographer took my photo (I only got the one - perhaps I should try the not smiling thing :P) and then he rubbed my shoulder and said ‘aww, well thank you for bringing her anyway’. I thanked him and we left.

Was supposed to be our autograph with Alex next, but obviously he was still doing photo shoots, so we decided to go and get breakfast. LOVE The Hilton’s breakfast and as they’re included in our room rate, always make sure to fill up on them so we don’t need to buy lunch…and sometimes take a couple of bits to eat later!!
After breakfast it was time for our photo with Mike. He was one of the guests I was actually a bit excited to meet - I mean, a really decent guest considering he’s been in all of the movies and he’s an important character from the book. And he’s such a nice guy!! Tamsin was still a bit nervous around them, but he was sweet with her, standing behind her with his hands on her shoulders and in the second shot, she looks more comfortable with him. And then my turn I decided to ask him for a hug photo - just because he’s a cool guest :p and he was happy to comply with that and it’s a nice photo of us.


Went back to check how the queue was going for Alex and got in line. I had to get two photos signed from him, my own and then one for the girl at work. I don’t think we had much of a conversation between us and I did notice he signs…differently from other people - he signs his name first and then adds the personalisation afterwards, hmm. And then after he’d signed the other one for my colleagues daughter, he did ask if that was a K in the name and I said it was and explained it was for a friend, well her daughter….and then thought, no she’s not really a friend - she’s annoying…but didn’t bother explaining and thanked him as we left his table. I’m quite sure he thought one photo was for me and one for Tamsin, oh well!!

Checked the queue for Daniel’s autograph next, our group hadn’t been called, but we were next and the crew member at the end asked if it was just us 2, I said yes and she let us join the queue a little early. Since I’d already met Daniel before and had a personal autograph, decided to let Tamsin have this one signed to her, so I let her do all the talking with him. When we got to his table, he said her name rather loudly and asked her how she was, sounding very jolly and she very quietly told him she was okay. He signed the photo and handed it over, thanked her and then I thanked him and we left to head off again.

Had a bit of a break and very possibly another wander around the dealers room. I wish there was somewhere else we could go when you have some time on your hands. Because unless you can find an available seat - and there’s never many, or you wander around the dealers room - yet again - in hopes of something new emerging, you just find yourself hovering around corridors or something. I think we may well have nipped up to our room to swap photos over and divest my bag of the contraband banana’s stolen from breakfast that morning - lol!!
Went back downstairs and I think it was Justin’s autograph next. I’m going by the schedule here, but sometimes things happen earlier or later than scheduled and I don’t always remember the exact order - I should write these things down - I’m such a list maker as it is!! Anyways, joined his line and even though I had met him before (at the very first Twi con in the UK), I wanted his autograph again because last time it was on the same photo as Christian’s and it’s nice to have separate ones. I don’t really remember speaking to him much - like I said last time, I hate it when I don’t have much planned to ask them or speak to them about and I just stand there like an idiot saying hello and thank you!! But, that was about the limit of our conversation…and to be honest the autograph I got last time was more interesting, but hey ho!! Maybe I should have let Tamsin have that one too?!

After Justin, we joined the queue for our photo with Daniel. After a little while the queue stopped moving and then Daniel wandered past us down the corridor. I thought…erm…isn’t he supposed to be taking photos? And for one tiny second wondered if we’d joined the wrong queue (yeah, a blond moment or something!) before I realised he was obviously nipping to the toilet. On his way back, I saw someone out of the corner of my eye tap or pat Tamsin on the shoulder…and she was like ’huh?’ and I realised it was Daniel as he stepped in front of us, chuckling! I could hear girls gasping behind her in jealousy and one girl even leaned over and said how lucky she was. Tamsin was just, what did he do that for? Why did he tap me? And this girl said he probably liked her, I said perhaps he remembered her from signing her photo earlier, and she accepted that. I just found it amusing how the girls around her were all jealous and she was more miffed about it - lmao!! Now, Tamsin wasn’t supposed to have her photo taken with him, she hadn’t bought tickets for his photo shoot. But after what happened first thing with Alex, how they got confused and thought she’d bought more than one…I thought if they told her to step in and have her photo done, I told her to just go ahead and do it. And they did - no one realised she hadn’t paid for it, as they tick you off at the door and then you take your passes off and put them in your bag and put your bag on the table until after the photo has been taken. So…no one realised, no one asked me and they just assumed and I let them. I feel a bit bad about that now - but after having heard what someone people did this weekend, a couple of free photos is nothing!!
Anyways, when she went forward for her photo, he smiled at her and asked her if someone tapped her shoulder earlier. I’m not sure if she heard him, I didn’t hear her answer him anyway. And then he crouched down beside her for her photo with him. I think she finished up getting 2 with him as well!! She was still leaning away from them a bit, but the smile was better - and I kept hissing at her to smile.

Had my photo done with him next and asked him for a hug picture, just because I wanted something a bit different than my last one with him, and I’m too embarrassed to ask for silly poses and have to do it in front of so many others. And whilst we were standing together, I had my head on his chest and I could hear his heartbeat right in my earlobe - yes he is that tall!! Was kinda nice actually…and he smelt good too!!

All we had left for the morning now was Jodelle’s autograph. Both of us were getting pictures signed by her and I really, really wanted to speak more to her, because I think she’s adorable and she was another guest I was looking forward to meeting. But…I didn’t know what to say and apart from making sure she carefully spelt your name, writing it very concisely from the post-it stuck on the photo, she signed both so quick I didn’t have time to come up with anything and it was basically just the usual Hi and thank you. Perhaps next time I should just ask them how they are, before they ask me…ask them if they’re getting over the jet lag, or something - I’m gonna have to do that!! I mean, I know certain people (i.e. Jackson!) unless I become a blubbering wreck around him and can’t speak or pass out, I have SO much I wanna tell him and ask him and show him - they’d have to get security to get me away from him or something (but then with the amount of stuff I’d love for him to sign, I’d be there 20 minutes anyway - lol!!)

So, that was it, around about 1pm and we had everything done for the day. The talks were to begin at 2 and I think we very probably nipped upstairs in the mean time to grab some snacks and drink to take in with us and maybe chill out a few minutes on the bed. I think my sister called to speak to Tamsin as well - she’d called earlier, but we were in queue for someone and I couldn’t hear her…then we got into the queue for the photo and I thought I’d best turn it off so we didn’t get told off!! So, finally spoke to her then.
Back down for the talks and found a decent seat in the middle, with a gap in front of us which reduced the heads in photos!! For some reason - possibly because they had more time as they didn’t have so many attendees to get through the photos and autos each day - the talks were split into 4 panels this time. I had been worried about Tamsin getting bored during the talks (she’s an 8 year old…so I told her to bring her DS) but, after a bit even I got bored!! It was just too long in my opinion - to be sat in the same room for over 4 and a half hours!!
Anyways, first up was Jodelle and Justin - a strange mix seeing as how they had never worked together on the movies or anything and as it turned out during the talks, had never even met each other before this weekend. I can never remember half the answers from the talks, but a favourite bit was when Justin decided to ignore the bloke asking the questions and he turned his chair so as he was facing Jodelle and started interviewing her himself!! It was a nice, different moment! Because, face it, some of the dumb questions that do get asked - if you followed the right websites etc you’d already know the answer and some are just plain dumb from the mind of a crazy person!! I mean…someone asked Daniel about a pet rock called Fifi or some such crap - get a grip people!!

I think the next panel was Alex, on his own. I now realise the wolf boys work SO much better with another wolf to bounce off and joke with…because, admittedly I found his talk a little dull. And most of his stories he shared, I’d heard all before - hardly his fault he’s the last wolf I’ve met, but…yeah. He was also coughing a lot throughout his talk, so he may have been sick.

Next up was Bill and Daniel - much better mix since they have just worked on scenes together, not that they were able to say anything AT ALL about them. But some behind the scenes stuff they told us was….interesting.

And last up was Mike, all by himself. He was good - he was funny and cute and he sang for us a bit…an all round nice guy and so passionate about his acting. I do remember him talking about the dfference between Twilight and now with Breaking Dawn - he said the main difference was the budget - back when they were shooting Twiight the budget was so small they only had tiny little trailers with no heating, and one day when he was sat shivering inside it, he put the heating on, which was from a generator and someone ran in and told him to turn it off before it exploded!! Now, they have huge trailers and hotels to hang out in!

In the breaks between each panel was the usual scrum of trying to get your photos back. I seriously HATE that part with a passion!! It’s the one time during the weekend when I became incredibly pissed off with other attendees and just want to scream at them all!! But why they feel they have to push and shove and generally hurt other people to get their photos back I don’t know. I gave up a few times and left the room - it’s just not worth it! I have begged ME to change the way it’s done because I always finish up becoming frustrated and upset over it all. If everyone was made to start one end and work there way down, it would be much easier, and I try to do that, but people push in here and there and you just never move. In the end we waited until nearly the last talk and I think we did finally get our photos back easier, but it’s hell!!
And then there was the auction…some people seemed to assume that simply because I bid obscene amounts of money on a single item I desperately wanted last time, that I was going to be bidding on everything this time!! Erm…what the hell? That was the first time I’d actually seriously bid on anything like that (I did for some unknown reason, bid on and win a signed photo for about £15 of Alex at the prom in 2009 - but have now sold that on eBay - so that doesn’t count!) but…I don’t understand their thinking, anyone would think I was a prolific auction bidder or something!! Nope - I only bid so much last time because it was to do with Jackson and I simply had to have it! Anyways…nothing at all took my fancy this time - it was all rather boring! Besides the meal and their chairs and a breakfast (which apparently became a lunch because he never showed up for breakfast!) the only items on auction were signed photos etc from previous convention guests. There was nothing of Rob or Kristen or my man, no exclusive Twilight merchandise from overseas or anything like that this time - so I bid on nothing!! Tamsin did bid £10 on Jodelle’s chair though - bless her!! And I realised how much friggin money I’d need if Jackson ever was a guest - dinner, his chair, guest encounters, extra photos/autographs - yeah…I’d better rob a bank, just in case! :p
After that, decided to get pizza for dinner again. We were going to go eat in the food court, but after spending almost 5 hours sat on our backsides in those damn chairs - I wanted comfy! So, wanted to return to our room. Only the idiot at the counter messed up our order. Loads of people who ordered after us got given their pizza first and when I complained he kept feeding me free noodles and got us both a free drink - which was nice of him, but we did waste a bloody hour in the lobby waiting for a damn pizza!!

Dinner consumed…started getting ready for the party - tonight’s theme was Forks High Prom. Decorations this time were a little disappointing. They had the gazebo as usual, a couple of gambling tables outside the main hall. A candy floss/popcorn stall, a few sideshow fair games and then Forks High in balloons - which was something different. I got photos of us both there - but had girls sat in the damn way all the time who never think of anyone else and get out of your shot!! And…it’s hard when I’ve only got an 8 year to take my photos!! Tamsin had some candyfloss and a few goes on the games, she wanted to win a toy but couldn’t do it. At the time we were stood behind Daniel who was chatting with some people, so I told her to ask him to try and win one for her - but she daren’t!!


Most of the guests came down for the party - I know I saw Alex, Daniel and Bill around anyways - because I took some pics of them as I was wandering past. I honestly don’t like to bother them and stalk them at the parties - it just seems weird. I mean, fair enough if its someone you do really, really like or admire and you want to see them all you can whilst you can, but simply because they’re someone famous? Get over it!! I know some girls *cough*Nina*cough* who never leave them alone and it makes me mad! I’d hate for them to get pissed off with me or think ‘good god it’s her again’! So…snapping a few pics as I walk past is all I do (and I feel bad enough about doing that!)


Mike was on the dance floor at one point, along with Justin I think - couldn’t really see them as a huge crowd had formed around them - obviously! So, we just carried on dancing where we were. And then whilst sat on the sofa just down the corridor from the main hall, Tamsin waved to someone and I asked her who the hell she was waving to. And she was like ‘duh, it was Jodelle!’ and gave me such an incredulous look. She said she’d waved to me too and then I felt bad for having ignored her - oops!!


And…I can’t remember what else we did that night - took some random pics, danced a bit, ate candyfloss, lounged on the sofa, spoke briefly to a few friends, wandered around and had to get my shoes off that were killing my feet. And I think at about half 12, we both decided we’d had enough and went up to bed. I think we had been waiting for some decent music to come on to dance to - but they were playing some heavy metal crap…and we gave up!!

No comments:
Post a Comment