Had an awful nights sleep - my damn tooth had been really, really painful and woke me up after only an hour or so and I spent much of the night awake almost in tears over it - nothing helped…but in the end must had nodded off again for a bit (after taking more painkillers!) so, woke up feeling totally lousy and not in the mood for this!
We had an earlier start this morning too - our first photo was with Bill at 9am….and we got there a bit late, but no issues with that and we got into the queue quickly. Someone just in front of us asked him to bite her, he said something about she could bite him, but nope, she wanted him to bite her…so he really did and shocked her in the picture - rather amusing! I had mine taken first, nothing unusual with mine. Then Tamsin went after me (even though she didn‘t have a ticket for him and we were being naughty again!) He started off getting down on his knees for her, and then said something like, ‘I know what we’ll do’ and he took her hand, whilst he was on one knee and kissed her hand in the photo. She looked SO unimpressed with it all, it was rather hilarious! As we were walking out of the room afterwards, she was rubbing her hand on her top and asking me what he did that for!! Lol!! Bless her.


Was supposed to be our autograph from Michael next, but his queue was huge and he was running behind - our group hadn’t been called yet. So we decided to go get breakfast now. After breakfast joined the queue for our photo with Justin. Briefly spoke to a girl in the queue in front of us, and someone commented on how cute Tamsin’s photo with Bill had been, I told them she didn’t like it!! And then when it was my turn, decided to ask Justin for a hug photo - not because I fancy him or anything, just so it was different from my first photo with him, he was happy to comply, but the photographer took 2 shots for some reason - I can’t understand why as they are both look exactly the same!! Tamsin had hers taken next, but it was just a straight shoot this time…not even sure if he got down for her or anything - he must have done though judging from the photo.


After the photo with Justin, went to get into the huge line for Mike‘s signing. Tamsin wanted to ask him to do the ’Bow chica wow wow’ dance from Twilight in the talks, and we found some question slips on the boards at the end of the queue, so whilst waiting I wrote it out. And then said why didn’t she just ask him now, I was going to dare her to do it! When we got to the front of the line and it was our turn, Mike asked me how I was, I told him I was tired. And he sort of went ‘uh huh’ agreeing with me, that these weekends were tiring and he probably thought I was hung over and been up late partying or something. So for some strange reason (and I shall blame the painkillers!) I told him I’d been up most of the night with toothache. He seemed surprised and asked ‘toothache’ and I was like yeah, I’m waiting to go into hospital to have a wisdom tooth out…and he was like ‘ooh, not a wisdom’ and the crew member sat beside him was freaking out about me talking tooth problems - lmao!! And then I went on to tell him how it was impacted and infected and really painful, and I was mentally screaming at myself to shut up as he was nodding understandingly and agreeing with me, as though he’d had the experience himself. And then I finally remembered about the question, so I told him that my niece had a question for him. He looked at her and she went all shy and I asked her if she was going to ask him. She wasn’t, so I told him that she wanted him to do the dance in the talks. He sort of laughed and hung his head as he got embarrassed and rubbed his face with his hands, then kinda said, in a slow drawl, ‘yeah...I can do that for you’. I think he thought at first I wanted him to do it there and then, but when I said talks, he said something about ‘oh, in the talks’. Anyways, I thanked him then, picked up my signed photo and finally left him alone - after telling him a whole load of utter crap!! Sorry Michael!! Still, at least I spoke to him more :p

Not quite sure whether it was our signing with Bill next or the photo with Jodelle, but we had a bit of a break before then. Sat in the lounge/bar area with Nina and Gillian for a little while, some other girls came over to chat with them (and mess with my hair - people are obsessed with my hair!) and then we nipped upstairs for a bit. By the time we got to our autograph with Bill, the line was really short and we were done within a few minutes. I can’t really remember speaking to him much, and to be honest he never really looked up all that much or interacted or anything. Just took my photo, wrote on it (and it took us ages to figure out what he’d written, yet when I showed my Mum it when I got home, she read it straight away!) and then he handed it back and I thanked him, he smiled and that was it. A bit disappointed with him to be honest - he seemed more friendly in the photo shoots. But, I suppose it was his very first convention and this may all be a little overwhelming for him…I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think our last contact of the day was our photo with Jodelle. She was really sweet, posing silly for fans in front of us. I just posed normal with her though. And then Tamsin had hers done and once again they were lovely with her - I love her photo of them together - they look like sisters or something!! Think it’s very cute!! And that was it as far as actually ‘officially’ meeting the guests goes for the weekend. Really, unless you bid on and win a guest encounter or the dinner or you stalk them like a nut job at the parties, you spend barely minutes with them. Which is maybe why I would prefer to meet Jackson at a gig or something else...maybe.


Anyways, we had an hour or so to kill before the talks began - was supposed to be longer, but things had been delayed that morning. We went upstairs to our room where we ate snacks, I tried to have a little nap, but just laid on the bed instead and Tam watched some TV. Finally convinced her we had to get back downstairs for the talks…she was glued to the damn Simpson’s on TV! And got our same seats in the hall.
First up was Jodelle and Daniel - a good mix since they had major scenes together in Eclipse. Can’t really remember much about their talk, but it was interesting and I remember Daniel touching upon the question I had sent in - about the hotel the cast used in Baton Rouge being haunted. He said he’d had his sheets tugged in the night and felt a presence in the room, that he’d never believed in anything before, but now felt there was something. Daniel has definitely gotten more confident since the first time I met him at Twilight proms…sometimes in the way he acts and goofs off and stuff, I think perhaps a little too confident, bordering on the line of being a little cocky…but he was amusing.

Next was Michael and Justin - a great mix and so very, very funny and rude together!! They had me laughing a lot, told tales from the sets and stuff and it was a really good panel. My question was somewhat asked to them, which was silly as they barely spent any time in Baton Rouge, but at least it was sort of asked (they just reworded it slightly!) would have been better thrown at Bill and Daniel! Michael did some more singing, trying to do a John Lennon accent, and Justin did some beat boxing (is that the word?) and was being rather, erm…naughty!!

Next panel was Bill and Alex - a strange mix again, but then as Alex hadn’t really worked in scenes with any of the guests, it was hard to match him with someone. But, it was interesting and Alex worked better with someone else, rather than being alone. Though Alex’s impression of a cricket during the awkward quiet moments whilst the guy was running around to people with the microphone was somewhat amusing! And then finally the whole cast on stage for the final panel of the day - more questions were asked, humour was running rampant and the silly, pathetic questions kept on coming - seriously, some of them that get asked - are they on drugs or something?!?

And once they left the stage, it was time for the closing ‘ceremony’. Hell knows WHY they call it that - because there is nothing at all ceremonial about it. It lasts for seconds and the guests leave the stage after a few thank yous to them and being told how great they were to work with and hope to work with them again.

Then it’s just a few more thanks yous to the crew and the fans for coming - more promises that will probably be broken about future events and then the big announcement on this guest for Eternal Twilight 6 - the one that everyone had convinced me was going to be Jackson!! Tamsin asked me what I would do if it was him, I said I would cry and could feel myself welling up and getting anxious about it.
The video screens came on, people were screaming at the words ‘Twilight’ on the screen (get a grip!) Patrick Brennan was announced (who?! He plays Liam, huh?) and then I was waiting with baited breath, really nervous and wondering on my reaction…when…..the words….Kellan Lutz came on the screen!! People screamed, for one tiny, weenie second I think I was disappointed - I had to read his name twice I was so sure it was going to read Jackson Rathbone. And then I let out a breath of air I hadn’t been aware I was holding and felt…relief!! Yes, honestly, I felt relieved it wasn’t Jackson!! I am insane!!
I just, I can not go through almost 8 months of hoping, thinking I’m going to meet him. Wanting to get excited, but trying not to build my hopes up, only to have him cancel on me last minute and break my heart. Because I know that would happen!! And I just can’t go through that. It would kill me. If he ever was to be a guest I’d rather him be last minute and know for definite he can attend. Plus, I don’t have to share him with all the other guests who very probably only like him because he’s in a Twilight movie and are not huge fans of everything he does, which I am - but they‘ll all pretend to love him and I can‘t deal with fake crap, esp if they got more attention from him for being fake than a true fan did!!! So…I was relieved it wasn’t Jackson and actually felt better than I had all day!
After the talks, went back upstairs and got ready to go for a swim, as I had promised Tamsin we would months ago. I admit I wasn’t really in the mood - was tired and hungry, but I had promised, so we went. And I kinda wanted to check out the pool anyways - was gonna go by myself the first time the convention was held at this hotel for ET3, but then didn’t have enough time in the end and didn’t really fancy going alone. So, we had about an hours swim, praying none of the guests would suddenly decide to come down - do not want them seeing me in a bathing suit! And then went back upstairs to eat and shower and get ready for the slumber party.
I have to say it was rather a surreal moment as the elevator doors opened in the lobby and there were posh older looking people waiting to get on…and out we walk in our pajamas!! Lol - the looks we got were amusing!! The party, as always for the last night, was a bit quieter - though perhaps more people than usual, considering the lower ticket sales. The decorations though were…disappointing - we wandered around and couldn’t see anything exciting (a few balloons and confetti on the tables was about it) and the dance floor at that moment was a little dead.

I said a quick goodbye to my sister, hung up and went back to the party. I could tell where they were, over by the bar, by the huge crowd around them, that I had no intention of joining, so we just wandered about a bit. And then we spied the ‘bucking bronco’ bed!! Lmao!! Hadn’t noticed that in the corner at first. I took a photo of it just for the hell of it and then we stood back a bit and suddenly the huge crowd swept upon us and surrounded the bed - Alex and Mike were gonna have a go!! If only we had stayed where we were we would have had a front row view - but now we’d been pushed back!!

Never mind, Tamsin stood on a convenient chair and I gave her the camera set on video and she did some filming (as well as a few pics!) Mike went first…he helped put the bed back together (putting the sheets on etc!) and he was amusing on it, slapping the mattress and waving to people…but he only lasted about 20 seconds or so before he fell off. Daniel was better - he dive bombed almost onto the bed and then he lasted almost a minute or so, before he too fell off.

They seemed to have good fun and hovered around the bed for a bit (and Tam was still taking pics) and then they left and the huge crowd went with them. We stayed where we were for a bit, Tamsin wanted a go on the bed, but I wasn’t sure she was old enough and didn’t want her hurting herself. Then we decided to go get a drink…to find that Alex and Bill were stood at the bar. Whilst I ordered drinks, Tamsin was still taking photos - but hey, she’s an 8 year old - she can get away with it!! And apparently Alex had taken a balloon from somewhere and shoved it up his bathrobe, pretending that he was pregnant!

We sat and drank our drinks for a bit, watching the people dancing, we found our nice comfy sofa and sat out there for a bit - lounging and getting funny looks from people using the back entrance on their way back from a show at the NEC!! And erm…after that drink, for some unknown reason I felt rather drunk! I don’t know if it was because it tasted much stronger than any of the other nights. Or if it was a combination of lack of sleep, taking painkillers a couple of hours before and then the drink - but I felt really loopy!! We went back onto the dance floor for a bit and I danced like I didn’t care - and took photos of the dead cow on the dance floor - it erm…was actually someone’s discarded cow print bathrobe!! I think some of the guests were still hanging around the main room and possibly on the dance floor - but I can’t say I noticed by now…oh yeah, I do remember dancing in a certain direction so I could see them - lol!! I attempted once again to get the DJ to play some damn 100 Monkeys - but I doubt he knew what I was on about!!

We wandered around for a bit, danced to a fair few songs and then returned to our couch, being very giggly and silly and Claire was plaiting my damn hair again!! Had a laugh at some people opposite being noisy and laughing like some bizarre seal!! And trying not to listen to the crap they were coming out with about Jackson (how he was never doing conventions anymore - bullshit because I have heard a radio interview with him since then saying how he has dome conventions in the past and will most likely do them in the future too! So ha!!)
Then a few things seemed to all happen at once….my Mom called me and I shouted how my boob was vibrating (since the phone was in my top pyjama pocket. Then Alex walked past on his way up to his room (I think ) complete with the security and that and I for some unknown reason took it upon myself to yell very loudly and very stupidly as well as wave like a dork ‘night night!’ at him!! Oops!! He just laughed at me and said ‘bye’. And then I was being giggly to my Mom on the phone who was getting fed up of me and yeah…things got worse after that - taking dumb photos of each other and my slippers and…erherm!!
Think we had a bit more of a dance and as quickly as it had started, my silliness started to wear off and I was feeling totally shattered again!! Convinced Tamsin we should head upstairs - it was well after midnight by this time, probably closer to one am. On our way back to the lifts, decided to go see if Nina and co were in the bar and maybe have a laugh, but as we approached I realised the topic of conversation was not for little ears and since no one had noticed me or paid me any attention and I felt totally out of place and not wanted there, we turned around and I told Tam it was bedtime. Finally totally calmed down once in our room and soon settled down and had a much better nights sleep!!
Monday February 21st 2011
Slept pretty good and woke up to Jackson singing to me *sigh* Tamsin would not get out of bed - so she had Jackson singing thrown at her in bed - lmao!! Finally got ready and headed for breakfast at about 10am. Filled up on grub…chatted to a few friends (mainly Claire, Kendra and Tina) in the restaurant and once again Claire had to plait my bloody hair!
When we were done, headed back upstairs to pack. Did mine in a few minutes, then Tamsin told me she had done hers (I’d helped with some bits) told her to check the drawers and as she did opened them to reveal a whole drawer full of her clothes she’d forgotten about - lmao!! Got them all sorted and packed and we had about half an hour before we had to be out of the room, so relaxed and watched TV until then.
Checked out and had about an hour to kill before taking the coach to the train station. Saw Nina and Gillian before they left, but they were leaving earlier this time, so it was only short and she was showing off with her photos - as per usual!!
Once they were all gone, found a comfy couch and camped out there for an hour - taking silly photos of the bathrooms and hallways and stuff, whilst I was trying to read!! Had another half an hour to wait and freeze at the station….and then finally began our journey home!
And so ends another Twilight convention!!
Not sure yet if I shall be going to the next one in October. I would like to, wouldn’t mind meeting Kellan again…and anyone else they manage to get. But it depends on when and if we go to Disney World this year - which might be around the same time. And also when and if 100 Monkeys do tour here this year and how much that costs me!! And if they don’t, considering heading over to the US to see them….maybe!! I guess we just have to wait and see!

No comments:
Post a Comment