Tuesday, 3 January 2012

100 Monkeys Monkeying around the UK - 1st London date

London - December 15th 2011 Thursday

Gillian left me this morning *sob* She had to go back to work and it sucked! She was so miserable about leaving, not that I blame her! So, I had a boring journey down to London alone in which I leant it is practically impossible to A, listen to other music beside Monkeys and B, to listen to Monkeys without the need to sing along!! Tried to read, but was so tired I almost fell asleep - had about 3 hours asleep the night before!

Arrived in London and had to meet up with a fan at Kings Cross to sell my spare ticket to her - money from that ticket will be going to Spencer Bell memorial. Met up with her, made the exchange…and then headed to my hotel. Decided my hotel, despite having stayed there numerous times in the past, reminded me of a Haunted mansion and I needed a monkey to come look after me tonight - preferably one with the initials MJR!!

I was supposed to meet with my friend Karen before the gig. But as it was after 3.30 when I got to my hotel room and I needed to chill out for a bit and then get ready, I cancelled on her. I hadn’t intended on going to the venue tonight as early, I didn’t have a M&G and as a VIP I didn’t need to stand in line all day to get a decent spot. But…then I remembered there were a lot more Zookeepers in London - I had literally bumped into 2 girls in the lobby whilst checking in - and call me a selfish cow, but I wasn’t prepared to give up my front row spot for anybody!

Speaking of being selfish, once I got to the venue and stood in line at the front with the other zookeepers….I almost felt like sulking because I didn’t have a M&G that night!! Yes, I am a greedy bitch!! I think really it was more the fact that I had gotten used to it, it seemed to be a normal pre-show ritual and I missed not having it tonight. Spent awhile stood in line, chatting with other fans, some I knew from Facebook, some I didn’t!

We got let in early tonight - the venue crew were actually really good about it and we were in a good few minutes before everyone else - even had chance to go grab ourselves a drink if we wanted one!

Tonight’s show was awesome…I think it was probably my second favourite out of the five shows I got to see!  I did a fair few videos tonight - some I don’t remember doing, such as Jackson’s ass!! Jerad seriously needs to learn to move his ass out of the way when my man is on drums! Lol!!  Ben did the improv again tonight - Special Favours. I didn’t dare yell anything at Jerad again after the sheep fiasco lol!!

Photobucket

Jerad had dyed the Mohawk pink for tonight’s show! I tweeted photos to Gillian!!  Smoke…I sang along, changing the lyrics to I love you much to much…and Jackson noticed :s oops!!
Tonight was the night Jackson got the words to Reaper mixed up on the second chorus. I laughed at him, sorry Jay!! And he saw or heard me…which seemed to flummox him even more, he got all confused and left it until he got into the chorus again!! Sorry babe!

Photobucket

Two highlights from tonight’s actual gig. First of which, Jackson was uber crazy during the Thank You song! He jumped off the stage to see the fans and as he went by me, grabbed hold of my hand - he grabbed me, not the other way around and wouldn’t let go….he was taking my hand with him!! And I remember thinking, damn, your hands are really dry mister!! And also, eek I have your crotch in my face *grin* about the only time that will happen *sigh* And then when he got back on stage, he had a Santa hat from somewhere on his head and proceeded to dance around the stage like a loon!

Photobucket

And then my other highlight, during the encore, they finally, finally sang Junkie!! And I squealed over the fact and grabbed the camera to video it and they very possibly noticed - esp Jackson as he was right in front of me! Junkie is quite simply one of my favourite songs, not just a favourite 100 Monkeys song, but a favourite all time and I was thrilled they were performing it!

They seemed to do a longer encore tonight - think they went off stage twice and then came back - there were definitely more songs sang than there is on the set list I was given!

After the show, stood talking to a couple of really nice girls whilst in line for the signing. Only then I spied a friend from the conventions that I had been texting back and forth with, and wandered over to say Hi to her and lost the other 2 girls! It kind of helped that I pushed in line with her as well - oops!! Well, you know - us VIP Zookeepers can do what we like - lmao!!

I got to tell Cara (support act) whilst waiting in line for the signing, as she was stood at her merch table, that the Boston she mentioned in her little speech before a song (someone had informed her there was a Boston in the UK during the gig in Manchester and she had never heard of it - and yet kept mentioning the fact every night after that) I told her that I actually lived there…and she was all excited about that! I told her it was horrible though, a very tiny little town and if you blink you’d miss it!! She then looked disappointed! But then a couple of friends I was with - Tina and her friend, wanted her CD, so that killed that conversation and I jumped past them to see Will for some more 100 Monkeys merch!

Had to remember to get Gillian’s drumsticks she wanted tonight and Will seemed shocked I was buying yet more stuff!! I also needed a photo, since as I told Lani whilst purchasing it, I was running out of stuff with me to get signed!! I got my set list and Jerad was just sat watching me in anticipation as usual.

At some point, Gillian and I had discussed having tattoos done…Monkey related, and I had pretty much decided on getting some lyrics from Aim High inked on me….but I wanted to check the lyrics first. So, I said to Jerad I had an important question and he looked worried. I then added, ‘on Aim High, was it ‘we are gonna die or  we all gonna die’. I don’t know if he couldn’t hear me, if I mumbled it or what but he looked so confused as though he had to think about it - bless him!! Only, Mr Jackson sat beside him, overheard and butted in, saying ‘we all’ and really drawled the ‘all’ *sigh* I explained that I wanted to get it inked on me, so I needed to check and Jackson said something about that being awesome. He then repeated the whole line ‘we all gonna die, so have a good time’. By then Jerad had passed my photo over and Jackson began writing the lyrics on the bottom of the photo for me. I freaked, inside, thinking OMG how COOL!! I told him I would get it inked after Christmas for my birthday and he said sweet. And then dithered over where to sign his name, near his photo or near where he’d written on the bottom, he did it at the bottom. I thanked him very much when he handed it back to me, after we’d held up the queue and he said I was welcome and I finally, finally looked him in the eyes and we just smiled at one another - his big, gorgeous, perfect smile!!

I handed my photo to Ben G next, who I can’t remember speaking to much. And then Ben J was very, very smiley and he asked me how I was!! I told him that I was a little tired to be honest, I’d only got three hours sleep the night before…and then for some unknown reason added that I had been dreaming about Uncle Larry!! Well, I had a brief dream about him!! Uncle Larry heard this and after he signed my photo and handed it over, he grabbed my hand and pulled me down to his level and kissed my cheek! Sweet!! I think he called me doll or said I was sweet or something, I can’t remember what! I thanked them all and left with saying I’ll see you guys tomorrow…and kinda backed away from the table, glancing at them more!

Walked home alone through London, late at night in the rain! With drumsticks poking like weapons out of my bag, a photo and set list shoved up my top so it didn’t get wet and me holding my coat/belly very weird so it didn’t fall out (as though I had another weapon up there) and singing on my way home…yeah, no wonder no one bothered me!! Lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment