After a discussion last week at work about babies and partners...and me saying I didn't think I'd ever have either now...one of the girls has decided to try and fix me up with a mate of her partners.
Dear Goddess help me!! I mean, sure...the idea sounds okay, so long as she knows what I do and don't like, what I'm looking for, what I expect. And...if she'd leave me alone to sort it out, it would be alright! But every day I go into work she asks me if he's contacted me, what he said, what I said...whether I'm going to email him back, that I should call him, that he should call me. That I'd soon be packing up and moving in with him....yeah - as if!
I've had about 3 text messages and 3 emails from him - all of which tell me NOTHING about him!! Okay, I know his age, that he looks after his Mum's dog, that he was waching crap (britians biggest loser) on TV the other night, that he's out of work and that he can not spell or type to save a flea!!
And now I have decided that perhaps I am an utter snob, because...do I really want to be with any guy who can't string a sentence together?! Seriously, the odd typing error or spelling mistake - fair enough, we all do it. But...reading his messages is like trying to decipher a secret code I haven't been let into the secret of. Or someone foreign trying to write English for the first time. Yes, it is that bad! I sometimes just about get the gist of what he's on about.
The girl at work tells me I should just call him, that he has problems with literacy and struggles to spell/write/type. And here's my problem...do I want someone like that? No! I want someone somewhat intelligent at least. And I'm not claiming I'm the worlds best speller or most intelligent woman at all - but heck I I'm a damn sight better than that - I hate feeling ignorant about things. I am being a snob, aren't I? I want someone with some job prospects, hopes and dreams. I do not want to find myself living a scene from the 'Royale Ramily' TV show or something. Living with some townie chav in a rundown council house where he is a couch potato watching rubbish all day whilst I work and he claims benefits.
Yep...I'm just a huge snob. But, I haven't waited all this while, hoping for Mr Right, only to settle for Mr totally below average. I'm not willing to settle for anyone just so I'm not alone. Not even just so I can have kids. I'd rather do it alone via a sperm bank than become all mixed up in this.
But, how do I tell the girl and the guy involved that I just don't think it's going to work out, that I'm not interested anymore, without giving them my (to them) rather lame reasons?! Maybe they're okay with settling. Maybe they don't want for anymore than that...maybe they have no dreams or prospects of their own?! One of the other girls when I mentioned his bad messages said that, 'yeah, but what's spelling?' Okay, it's not the end of the world...but surely you want someone with a few brains. Perhaps it's becasue I'm a writer that bad spelling, no punctuation and stuff like that bothers me. I try to get things as right as I can. And...if he's trying to impress a girl - you'd think he'd try a bit more! Yikes...maybe that is him trying?!
I don't know...I do know that I have delusional visions of love, of a relationship. I know that I expect too much. I want the fantasy - I want to feel loved and cherished and valued. To be treated like a lady, protected, cared for, looked after. I want the partnership to be equal. Or at the very least I want someone who has some comand of the English language...is able to spell and make sense on paper. I mean, is that why he has no job because he's, well, thick?! Or is he just lazy? I dunno - but I don't want either as a prospective partner.
I'm sorry....I am being a stuck up cow who wants more from life. I'm choosy, I know. But why should I settle?!
I'll give it a go, exchange a few more emails with him, see if he gets better, see if he tells me any more about him. But...I really can not see it happening. We're far too different. I want more from life - he seems satisfied with sitting on his ass all day (and yes, we all know I can be a lazy moo too!) He is not prospecive partner material.
Sorry!
xC
The Sparkly, Viral Elephant in the Room
-
[image: Diamond Elephant brooch by E. WOLFE]
The vampire elephant in the sunlight was shocking...
Greetings from Quarantineville, USA! Population: Most o...
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment