Friday, 2 April 2010

ShowMasters....you're losing me!!

Not sure if this is gonna be a blog or an email….but I needed a ramble and a bit of a rant!!

So…Showmasters have made 2 announcements today on the Twilight event forum - meaning I lied last night in my email to a friend when I said I doubted they would announce anything other than party themes any time soon. Well, alright - they took everyone by surprise with the announcements, so I didn’t lie - they just took the mickey!!

And…I have to confess I am not impressed with either announcement. First is….a new guest - Kirsten Prout who plays Lucy (another of the vamps who is in the group who change Jasper - but not the actual one who bites him!) Now…she may well be a lovely person and everything else and she may have some great stories to tell from working with Jackson, but good Goddess I seriously hope that’s not all we’re going to get - stories about Jackson - I want the bloody man himself!! I don’t wanna just hear second hand stuff about him - can go online for all that stuff!!!

I’m just rather disappointed in the line up again. I know they have managed to ‘pull it out of the bag’ at the last minute with the last 2 cons by getting Rachelle at ET2 and then Jamie for ET3 - but….I’m kinda doubting it’s gonna be Jackson pulled out of the bag for ET4 and I’m just losing all hope with them now!! Adding guests who appear for only moments in the books is just….a little scraping the barrel maybe? I dunno - like I said, they could turn out to be excellent guests and become huge stars down the line and we can say we met them when. But…right now I am totally unimpressed!!

To be honest, I kinda wanna cry - another unknown guest just means less spaces for bigger names. And although there are a small handful of guests I wouldn’t mind meeting (Boo Boo, Kristen, Rob (yeah - as if!) and possibly Rachelle and Kellan again) the only guest that would make my world in meeting him would be Jackson…and I’m not holding out all that much hope in them getting him!! I probably have more chance with 100 Monkeys and/or if he comes to the UK for a premiere of ‘The Last Airbender’ this summer.

Which brings me to their second announcement - dates and ticket sales for ET5 which won’t even happen until February 2011!!! WTF! Seriously? Fine - announce dates now and stuff - but putting tickets on sale in just over 2 weeks is far far far too soon!! It’s too short notice for people to get the cash and it’s too far in advance of the actual date - in my opinion!!

They reckon they go on sale earlier so as they can secure the bigger names. What a load of shit! Seriously! They put this one on sale earlier to secure big names and we have guests who appear for 5 seconds in the movie and a repeat (okay, Peter is lovely to meet, but I’ve kinda been there, done that!) AND….even if the do pencil a big name guest in for an appearance in just under a years time…who’s to say they won’t get a job between now and then and have to pull out a week before or something? They can’t know what they’re going to be doing in a year, in fact we can’t know! They said something about them becoming more popular and getting more work now from the movies, which is why they need to book them now. Yes - exactly - they are getting more work now, which means they are more likely to get a job when the con is on. That means they’re going to announce big names (possibly) only to break peoples hearts when they have to cancel later!!

Personally, I could afford to buy a ticket right now, unlike some poor souls on the forums who just don’t have the cash and can’t possibly get it in 20 days to buy a ticket. But…I’m not going to! For many reasons - one because I am annoyed with them - Twilight fans are being taken advantage of in all ways by these people making money from our love of the books. But mostly because I am so unimpressed with the guest list so far that I don’t hold much hope for these ‘promised’ big names for any further events. And what do they class as big names anyway? Anyone who had a speaking role? And because I’m wondering if I’m getting bored with them all.

I don’t think my experience at the last con helped. I spent too long alone feeling bored and invisible and lonely!! The first con was one of the best weekends of my life - fantastic big named guests and meeting lovely new, friendly people. The second con was great just because I had an awesome friend with me and we had such a laugh (that was so needed that weekend!) together and had a great time - and Rachelle was just lovely!! The third con….great, funny, friendly guests - crap, rude attendee’s that ruined the event for me!! I don’t get on the forum why they say that everyone is so friendly and you’ll make new friends quickly and won’t be alone for long - when barely anyone bloody spoke to me that entire weekend - I must seriously pulsate some negative vibes that sends people running away!!

And then there’s the fact that I have admitted that maybe I am caring more about Jackson and following his career than keeping up with all the Twilight stuff. Yes, I still adore the books and am excited about seeing the movies - how much is that for seeing Jackson though I don’t actually know. Because I am equally (if not more at times!) excited for seeing ‘The Last Airbender’ this summer. I mean, I’ve kinda given up buying all the Twi merchandise unless it’s Jasper - when at one time I was buying anything that had a Twilight logo on it!!

So...rather than buying tickets to event after event where the man I really wanna meet probably won’t ever be…hadn’t I may as well save my cash and try to see him in some other capacity? Whether that is going to movie premieres or seeing his band either in the UK or trying for a US show or something? Since, he is who I want?!

I’m just gonna hold off on buying tickets for anymore cons until there is someone I really wanna meet there…or a friend wants me go with them or I possibly panic buy when tickets get low. But right now, I’m not all that bothered about it. *sigh*

xC

No comments:

Post a Comment