So, what Scummit are calling the ‘final’ trailer for Eclipse (as if we have had thousands - not one other measly nothing trailer!) aired last night in the USA and later online. To be honest, I have been so damn tired this week that I forgot it was going to be on all day!
Eek….a sign it is losing it’s appeal for me? Or just a sign that I am simply tired out from starting working 2 jobs this week and trying to adjust my schedule?! I think perhaps the second! Anyways, it was late when I finally got to see it and I was perhaps half asleep.
So, my first reaction was, where the hell is Jasper!! Oh, there he is *blink* and he’s gone…*blink* was that him again? Not sure….I blinked and missed him!! And then I was just like hmm…was that it then? Great - not a lot of Jacksper was there? You get a shot of the back of his fugly wig, him running through the forest and then a close up of him in battle mode. I never got any of what I wanted….no uniform, no horse and no dialogue from him. *sigh*
But…then I watched it again later a few more times….and liked it better. I think perhaps because I stopped looking for Jacksper and looked at it as the movie…you know, the whole thing. And kinda got a little excited to see it soon. To realise I would be able to watch the entire movie soon and well….it actually looks kinda cool!! I’m still a little worried about some of it….I still don’t like Bryce whatserface as Victoria (but maybe I’m biased because I met Rachelle and totally adored her!) and Edward looks a tad…well not exactly attractive in some scenes to be honest!! But…the 3rd or 4th viewing was better than the first time!!
And maybe this is what I have to do now. Look at it all as the whole and stop searching for the Jackson scenes. Because, face it, I’m not gonna get what I want from this company. They’re not going to showcase Jackson and I’m just going to have to get used to that and stop hoping for more! They’re showcasing what makes them the most money - like the money grabbing company they (and more others) are these days - don’t care about the fans, just take their money!! And I have to remember why I loved the books in the beginning - it wasn’t for Jackson at all then. Yes, I loved Jasper then…and not because Jackson played him because back then I had no damn idea they were making the movies, let alone he would play him!! So…maybe I have to forget that and get back to the story that I loved! And look forward to seeing that story playing out on the big screen.
Besides, after looking at screen caps from the trailer, Jasper is in it more than first appearances give away - he’s chasing Victoria through the forest and doing some excellent stunt work! And the movie does look like it’s going to be damn good….and this trailer is a trillion times better than the first nothing trailer!! It would just be greatly improved if there had been a sneak peak at the uniform. But then that would probably simply confuse the lazy ass people who think they’re fans when they can’t even be arsed to read the book!!
Or the dumb ass fans who piss me off by saying they’re fans, when all they really care about is the hot actors and not the story or anything behind it. They jumped on the bandwagon a year later after finally seeing the movie and deciding they were hot. Or worse - after meeting some of the actors, deciding they’re hot and switching teams - and we all know who I’m talking about here!!! Fickle ass wipes!
So, yeah. Final verdict = the trailer was pretty good and the movie should be great….just wish there was more Jacksper :p
xxC
The Sparkly, Viral Elephant in the Room
-
[image: Diamond Elephant brooch by E. WOLFE]
The vampire elephant in the sunlight was shocking...
Greetings from Quarantineville, USA! Population: Most o...
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment