Okay, so I am going to blog about this so as I can get it all out of my head and then hopefully enjoy a six week break from it all and not keep whinging about things.
Now…I know in every job you have that one person who irritates you. The annoying one that you just think ‘shut up and go away’ towards. The one person who ruins the work place for you. But, for a few short months I didn’t have that at my current place of work. We got rid of the deputy who seemed to be off on a different planet half the time and never watched the children….and things were good. Then we got a new deputy manager in, and she is okay…she’s friendly enough, seems easy going and is willing to muck in and help out and everything.
It’s not her I have the problem with…it’s one of the other girls who for some reason of late has started to drive me insane! So much so that everything she said bugs me. I also think she’s a little 2 faced and sneaky. I suppose it started when the deputy manager job became available - she kept telling me I should go for it as I had been there longer and she wasn’t bothered. And then the next day my manager asked me if I had decided to apply or not as this other girl had already told her she was going to! The day before she told me she wasn’t bothered!!
However, I let it go at the time. Figuring if either of us got the job it would be better than a stranger coming in and possibly changing things. Neither of us ended up getting it, but things were alright - I was getting on fine with her - doing daft things in my spare time for her and being friendly and chatty. I’ve always thought she was too much of a gossip though - liked to quiz the children on personal family life and things like that - spoke about the parents behind their back and seemed a bit….crass.
And then there was that complete idiot of a bloke she tried to set me up with - the one that could barely spell his own name. I suppose she was trying to be nice…but it became obvious to me that she does not know me at all if she thought I could settle for that. But then since that is what she has….I suppose she thought I’d be happy too!! However, she has since admitted to another friend at work that I was probably lucky I didn’t get with him, because she didn’t realise what a complete mess he was in. She’s not mentioned that to me though and was most upset the other day when I told her I had deleted his number and all his emails etc. she still thought I might want him?! No!
But, I guess things came to a head when the devastation that was Michael Jackson’s tragic death happened. We argued about it the day after and she was rude and disrespectful about him. I suppose she didn’t know at the time that I was a fan and he had been such a big part of my life for a long time (longer than she has been alive!) but after that she did….so why she found it amusing to gossip inappropriate stuff about him a couple of days later and repeat jokes she’d heard, when she knew I was upset I haven’t a clue. That was the staff meeting that I walked out of because I could literally feel my blood boiling and knew I would snap.
After that…I haven’t felt able to be myself around her - been very withdrawn and everything she does and says annoys me. I find that I don’t really like her…and there’s been even more instances since! She’s always after the quick buck and tries to get me to do dumb deals for her and her family…not likely love - been ripped off too many times I do not trust anyone lightly anymore!! Her constant gossiping and loving the sound of her own voice and wanting to be the centre of attention is insanely irritating and seems to get worse day by day!
Then our manager informed us she was leaving the end of term…this girl asked me if I would try out for deputy again (presuming that the new deputy would become manager) I said that I didn’t think I would bother again. She said she wouldn’t either. The deputy did take the managers job and the committee offered the annoyance girl the deputy - which she snapped up immediately.
Now, I’m not bothered they gave her the job - because to be honest I don’t think I want all that extra work and extra responsibility for not much more pay. I don’t know if I could do it and she was probably offered it because she has the gob and more confidence (if not the confidentiality!) though I was slightly miffed that I was overlooked or not deemed good enough - it did feel a bit like another rejection and I do not handle rejection very well. What really annoyed me was, once again she told me one thing and then just went and did completely the opposite behind my back!! I know she never asked for it, but she didn’t exactly take even a minute to think about it! And she’s making out she’s so wonderful because I overheard her saying that when they told her she hadn’t been successful the first time around in a letter, they said they thought she had given a good interview, although she hadn’t got it. Yeah, love - they wrote exactly the same thing in mine - don’t go thinking you’re special!!
And since then, the last couple of weeks of term she’s already started acting a little…superior and sucking up to the new manager and committee - get over yourself love!! She thinks she’s lovely - even said to me that at least she’s nice…in who’s opinion?! I have said to a couple of people that if she starts acting like a cow and stuff, I shall make her job hard!
The last few days of term, as some of the children were leaving to new schools etc, one of my key worker children I had looked after the past 18 months gave me a little preset and card - which was so sweet of them! I didn’t get chance to look at them instantly as I got busy with other children and parents and then we were tidying away. As I’m tidying, I look over and find this girl going through the gift bag I had left on a shelf to look at when I was done - she was there pulling things out and looking at my presents before I had a had a bloody chance to even see what it was!! Cheeky nosy feckin cow!!!
And then another parent wanted to talk to me, since I am about the SENCo for the setting, about how her child was getting on with some extra help she needs. I was telling her…the annoyance has to butt in and tell her she was doing really well and all this stuff…and I was thinking shut up - you don’t even know what I’ve been doing with her - you’ve not read any of the stuff - keep your big nose out!!
Aargh!!! She’s just too annoying and I’m a little worried how things are going to be come September when we go back. I do not want her and the new manager conspiring things together and then just telling us what we’re going to do - when our old boss was always very good at including us all in any decisions. I don’t want them changing too many things - because I like the way it runs now and if she starts trying to boss me around - someone 10 years younger than me - I shall make her job bloody difficult and tell her where to go you chavvy townie!!
Thank you for letting me get that off my chest *breaths*
xC
The Sparkly, Viral Elephant in the Room
-
[image: Diamond Elephant brooch by E. WOLFE]
The vampire elephant in the sunlight was shocking...
Greetings from Quarantineville, USA! Population: Most o...
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment