Its Twi related!!
So, I was surfing around the net - checking out all the New Moon comic con stuff and visiting my usual Twi websites…went to one site - where they had a debate about whether or not to link the movie clips to their website. Apparently everyone was asked not to film them or take photos and stuff - fair enough. But you know that some do!! They claimed that they were told if they ended up online etc that there wouldn’t be exclusive clips the next time.
Okay, fair enough…I understand that it’s an exclusive thing for the attendees to a degree. But what we got on those clips was a very bad image, very dark, screaming all over it, wobbly cameras and you can’t hear or see much really - but damn it was good to see anything! Seriously, I was starting to think I was losing interest because for weeks I have visited Twi sites and only seen a trillion photos of Kristen and Rob filming other movies and I was SO bored of it all!!
But this site went so far as to say that the clips were a ‘reward’ for the people who paid the money to attend. And I just, well that wording annoyed me! A reward….why? For having the money to spend on something like that?! For having the time to camp out for days to get into the panel? Isn’t being there with the cast enough?! What makes them so worthy of a reward than other fans, simply because they don’t have the money and don’t live in the same country?
There is no way I could afford to go to a con like that in the USA (well, not unless I won the lottery or robbed a bank! - but that ain’t gonna happen!) seeing the clips and everything that other fans take for those of us less fortunate is my only chance of sharing the joy with ALL fans who love Twilight!! And I hate to say it, but I bet there are fans there who just want Taylor and Rob because they’re fit and have not much love for the books or anything.
And then it brings me to another thing….how the fans outside the USA seem to have been shafted!! It’s just not fair the amount of stuff they get out there - all the exclusive special magazine releases, the merchandise readily available in shops, stuff on TV with the cast, events like this, exclusive merchandise not available to us at all. And it just bloody sucks!!
Yes, I know the books and the movies are essentially American - but God damn - the lead role is played by a British actor! Why the feckin’ hell can’t this country get behind him and show a little damn support for him and the movies over here?! Why do we always get the raw deal in the UK…we never get the decent stuff!! The movie was huge here too, the books have been successful - look at the charts on Play and Amazon - the books are always in the top 10! And yet, it’s hardly ever mentioned here on TV or in the magazines or anything.
Incidentally - Harry Potter….a British book, written by a British woman, with a British cast is huge the world over….it is mentioned here and on TV a fair bit to be fair. But…who has the best merchandise and everything else?! Yep…America!! Damnit….I’m in the wrong friggin country!
I bet we won’t get anything cool with New Moon either. Okay some of the merchandise is getting crazy now and becoming a tad lame (birthday party supplies - seriously? New Moon chocolate?! Really….) but why shouldn’t we have the chance to buy stuff like that if we wished without being ripped off with over the top postal and/or customs charges?! It’s unfair!!
So, don’t go telling me that a small group of fans who has the money and the chance to attend an event like Comic Con deserves to be ‘rewarded’ anymore than all the millions of passionate fans around the world!!
Rant over….
The Sparkly, Viral Elephant in the Room
-
[image: Diamond Elephant brooch by E. WOLFE]
The vampire elephant in the sunlight was shocking...
Greetings from Quarantineville, USA! Population: Most o...
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment