Sunday, 7 March 2010

Eternal Twilight 3 Convention - Day 2

Saturday

Up early! My first photo shoot was scheduled at 9.15 - yikes!! So, after about an hour of curling my hair (and burning my forehead on the curling iron in the process - ouch!) I was downstairs and waiting in line for my photo shoot with Jamie! The line moved really fast and I don’t remember anything too exciting happening during this time - nothing out of ordinary anyways! I did want to ask him for a hug, but heck, it was early in the morning, I’m so much older than him and his mates/family were sat watching - he might have felt a prat, so I didn‘t bother!! Had my photo taken with him, said my usual thank you to him and he said something like ‘you’re welcome darling/lovely/or words to that effect - one of his usual phrases anyways!

Photobucket

After that I had about an hour before I had anything else to do, so I went off to get some breakfast. Before doing so I bumped into Nina and her friends and had a quick chat, then went to eat breakfast…alone!! The worst thing about the whole weekend for me, the times I had to be alone, apart from when I was in my room because I don’t mind it then (I actually kinda like the space and freedom!) But I’m paranoid and get convinced people are looking at me, thinking I’m sad for eating alone!! I was most disappointed there were no American style pancakes or waffles available at this hotel as in the Hilton in London for the Twilight proms, but never mind!!

Breakfast over (and secret stash of food erm…borrowed from the buffet taken up to my room) it was time for my photo with Chris - he was being lovely! Since he’s so tall, he was bending down really low (and looked uncomfortable doing so!) for the shorter people and then pulling silly faces with those who asked and just generally being very accommodating and funny. Not that he needed to do either for me. Why do I never speak to these people much? Though the photo shoots are really quick and I don’t want to be annoying I guess, but I’m gonna have to plan some comments for next time, because I hate that I never have much interaction with them all. I think I’m aware there is a crowd and I often feel hurried by the crew. The best conversation with a guest I ever had was Rachelle when I gave her the pictures Tamsin drew and then Kellan when I asked to shake his hand and went all dreamy over him! Lol!!

Photobucket

From Chris it was straight in line for a photo with Kiowa. I get the impression he felt a little awkward, I dunno why…he probably didn’t - but…his girlfriend was sat watching the goings on and he had loads of woman hugging and holding him - poor kid!! He was very sweet though. Was told to step forward, put my arm around him and then he shoved his hand right through my hair...not over it, not under it, but right through it, so as it was all over my shoulder (as you can see from the resulting photo and his hand tangled in it all - he was probably pulling strands off his fingers for ages after ;P) the photographer took the photo and checked the screen and said something like ‘wow, that’s some great hair’ and Kiowa agreed with him, just saying ‘yeah’ appreciatively. The photo was deemed okay, I thanked him and left the room.

Photobucket

Tinsel was running a little behind for her photos and I think I bumped into Nina and her friends again on my way back to my room to dump my hoodie since I didn’t need it and was fed up of carting it about! I sat with them and had a bit of a chat…went up to my room, dumped the hoodie and by the time I came back, my group had been called for the Tinsel photo shoot. She was also being very sweet - I remember her straightening someone’s necklace out that was caught in their hair before the photo. And then someone wanted a ‘claws’ photo taking, where they both posed with their hands up in a ‘claw’ and she got all giggly about that, did one, and then laughed and asked them to delete it as she didn’t know what she was doing!! They posed again after she composed herself, and then wanted to check the photo after it was taken, she wasn’t thrilled with it, but let it go and was still laughing about it - I guess she found the whole thing rather, well, silly!! But she was very sweet about it. My turn came quick and nothing really eventful happened during my photo - wish she had spotted the tag sticking out of my top though which can be seen on my pic on my shoulder *sigh*

Photobucket

At some point in the morning I had a wander around the dealers room and bought a few things…one good thing about being a major Jasper fan…with the majority of the merchandise being all Edward and/or Jacob…it saves me a lot of money!! Lmao!! The only real Jasper things they had were the action figures I already had!! I did manage to find a couple of things I erm, apparently needed though (Jasper/Jackson badges, keyring and magnet!) and then I bought another photo of Charlie to get signed the next day as the one in the pack was the same one I’d had signed when I met him at Twilight proms last year. I did look at the charms and everything and consider getting a bracelet done, but the booth was crowded and I couldn’t get a look in, so I decided to leave it for now.

Had my photo done with the Charlie….and you can just tell that he’s become much more…I don’t want to say arrogant, but sometimes that is the vibe he gives off. I mean, he’s still totally lovely to the fans and everything…but he’s just perhaps become more confident and comfortable with this whole convention thing and perhaps with the fans increasing now, it’s maybe gone to his head a bit, because he was acting it up in the photo shoots - posing with girls, hugging them, silly faces, undoing his top, doing it back up and really playing up to them, knowing the reaction he would get. Which is maybe why he does it - giving the girls what they want! My photo with him was nothing spectacular….but he was nice enough. I can see why girls like him, he is attractive, but he’s not for me.

Photobucket

That was all my photo shoots done in record time, then I just had Kiowa’s autograph to get this morning and I was done. His line was really short, perhaps because he was shy and not speaking to the fans as much as the other guests? I don’t know, but I got his photo signed in record time and I didn’t really say anything much to him apart from my usual ‘hi and thank you’ I never know what to say to these people…there’s no enough time for a conversation…and unless they say something that needs a reaction or I have something to give them or planned to tell them…the whole thing happens so quick!! Note to self…should Jackson ever come to a UK con, or whenever, however I meet him - think of things to tell him, ask him, give to him, just to get a bit more interaction, rather than standing their like a fool!! Just ramble complete nonsense (like I did to Brian Krause at Collectormania) and ask him for a million hugs and to shake his hand and stroke his face and grasp his hair and….yeah, okay - you get the picture!!

Kiowa auto

So, now I had a couple of hours to kill until the talks started. What to do? On my own?! How boring!! I think at this point I did wander into the ‘Twilight food court’ area to see what was available, rather than eating in my room. But I walked in there and there were only maybe, 15 people or so in, everyone turned and stared at me as the door opened and I felt SO uncomfortable on my own, that I quickly pretended to check out the menu board and then left. Only to look a prat when I couldn’t open the door and someone had to tell me to press the green button to open it - great *rolls eyes* after that I went back to my room to hide :p

So, after a chill out in my room for a bit, it was back downstairs for the talks. I won’t go into them all, because SO much was said, but there were SO hilarious!! Especially the Volturi boys - from the chair switcheroo (yes, I stole that word from 100 Monkeys, Jackson - don’t sue :P) to them coming onto the stage in full Volturi garb (borrowed from John Henson’s costume collection - more on him later!) and then them all playing off each other. Some hilarious stuff was said and Jamie is a riot!! The whole thing was just…so naughty and funny and such a laugh!

Photobucket
Volturi!

Charlie
Charlie

Christopher
Christopher

Photobucket
The three naughty boys!

However, I do love the talks…like I said, they’re funny and often times informative on the movies and stuff. But…I hate the breaks - there’s about 15 minute breaks between them all. I was sat in the middle of a row, surrounded completely by French people. And I was bored out of my head - seriously!! I couldn’t get out, no one spoke to me whatsoever, people spoke over me (the French!) as if I wasn’t there at all - just being very rude!! And one dumb French girl even forced her way down my aisle to speak to her friends next to me and in front of me - meaning I got her ass shoved in my face and my general space crowded for like 10 minutes as they all spoke very loudly and flamboyantly around me, not respecting the fact that I was sat there, pushing me around and I was seriously pissed off!!

After the Volturi boys, it was Tinsel and Kiowa talk. Bless, I remember Kiowa mentioned his band with his friends…and the audience demanded that he sang - poor kid!! I felt so bad for him, knowing how shy that he is….but he went for it - bless him!! Okay, it was rather an awkward moment for all involved, I didn’t know the song and he would have sounded better with music - but he didn’t do bad and he sang for quite a while. But, I did feel bad for him. And then Tinsel sang Happy Birthday to someone. They were funny too, but not quite up to the standard of the 3 naughty boys!!

Tinsel
Tinsel

Kiowa
Kiowa

After their talk and another boring, annoying break to get through - the guy mentioned before with the costumes was doing a talk. He is a fan (and a costume designer for movies and shows) and has basically collected costumes and various props from the Twilight movies and now has the largest private collection of them. He had all the costumes with him for viewing, but I hadn’t managed to get into that room yet. He also designed all the costumes for the Hillywood parody of ‘New Moon’ and both of the Hillywood parodies were shown on the big screens. I found this funny because, just a couple of nights before the con I thought I hadn’t seen the New Moon one much and wanted to watch it again, then never got around to it. And also funny to realise SO many people had never seen them!! I thought it was a cult thing for Twilight fans and I watched the original months and months ago!! And then they also had a brief video message from the Hillywood girls. It would be quite fun if they could get the cast to come to a convention some time.

There was a talk with all the actor guests after that (and again another awesomely boring break!) and that was just as funny as all the other talks - they were a great bunch of guests with some fantastic sense of humour and all seemed to work well together.

The fivesome

After the talks ended was the auction…and my day was about to get crap!! I had bid on things in these auctions before, and the only thing I won once was a signed photo of Alex Meraz (Paul wolf) at the Twi proms (because I decided if I had that then I‘d have most of the wolf pack autographs, and of course now he‘s coming to the next con - ah well!) But this time they had an item I NEEDED!! The top Jackson wore in the baseball scene in Twilight - donated by John from his collection. The top was also signed by Jackson. I wanted it badly and agreed in my head to go up to about £150 for it. The bidding started and was getting higher and I just thought to hell with it and kept going. I think most people had dropped out - I could only see one other person bidding now…but it got to £250 and I thought maybe I was being insane and dropped out - only for the person to win it for only £20 more than me!! I was SO pissed off….and even more so when I realised the winner was a male!! I mean, how could he possibly be a huge Jackson fan? Well, not the way I am…I doubt! Unless it was for his girlfriend/sister/female friend he was with. And then I was just so pissed off with myself for not going that little bit higher and trying to get it - but who’s to say the git wouldn’t have gone higher either. I sulked - big style!! I literally felt like crying about it - stupid, but true! I also tried to win a signed copy of the New Moon script, but dropped out at about £100 and then just gave up - having a right old mood swing from being bored and fed up with the people around me and not winning the top and debated whether to leave now.

Once all that was over and we could finally leave, I was in a foul mood!! I was sick of everyone pushing me about and I was through with being polite - so pushed into people myself - damnit! Nina caught up to me and spoke briefly, then wandered off to speak to other friends and as I was in no mood to speak to anyone, I went up to my room and I sulked - big style!! And it was a massive little tantrum. I sat in the bed and just cried!! It wasn’t all to do with not winning that stupid top in the auction. I just felt so alone and fed up. Despite the guests being fantastic, this was my worst con because I just felt so alone and left out and invisible all the time! I’d had a friend online I was meant to meet up with and I’d texted her a few times about meeting up, and nothing…and I took it personally (in the mood I was in!) and thought she’d just been bull shitting me and had no intention of wanting to meet me or hang out - why would anyone?! I was really in a sulky bad mood and couldn’t be arsed in going to the party - what was the point? To sit bored and alone again?!

After awhile, the online friend in question text me and apologised because she wasn’t at the con - she was in hospital and I then felt awful for complaining about her and thinking bad things. And then Nina text me and asked where I was and sort of persuaded me to go down to the party. I did eventually (after drinking a bottle of Bacardi breezer I’d taken with me to cheer myself up) get ready and went down at about 10.30 I think. And…the party was boring…we just sat at a table listening to some shite music and watching people dance, they did have some fun things - like a bouncy castle (not that I would have gone on it) and some fairground stalls - if I’d had a friend with me who would go over, I’d have maybe played with those! So, in the end…I went back upstairs and got my Jasper action figure to entertain myself with. And proceeded to spend the next hour or so taking silly photos of him and others.

Me and Nina - Grad ball

Had seen Christopher over by the bar - surrounded by girls - when I went to get a drink, but I just continued on my way and never even really looked at him. I don’t get the whole crowding the guests at the parties!! As we left the party - about 12.30 - 1am or something, we saw Charlie surrounded by fans in the lobby area of the party rooms. However, we didn’t join the crowd around him - I was showing another friend some of the silly pics I had taken of Jasper….and then I held him up and snapped a silly pic of him meeting Charlie - not that you can see anything but Charlie’s ear - never mind!!

Jaz meeting Charlie!
You can just see Charlie's head...if you look closely!! Kinda behind Jasper a bit, to the left.
Photobucket

Back in my room Jasper continued his silly photo shoot…and then I got ready for bed and slept like a baby!!

me and Jaz - Grad outfit

Day 3...up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment