Sunday, 7 March 2010

Eternal Twilight 3 Convention - Day 3

Sunday

I had 3 signings today…and then I was done. So, I cheated…my first signing was supposed to be at 9am, but erm…I decided I couldn’t possibly get up that early and slept in a little, deciding to go get Christopher’s autograph later (since after your group has been called, you can go in any time) That was perhaps a bad idea in hindsight, but never mind!!

So, first port of all that morning was the line for Charlie. Where I sadly bumped into yet more VERY rude French people - well, actually the same damn rude French people who were haunting me the whole weekend - the woman (I think) with the incredibly deep, loud voice who would put a fog horn to shame!! She was in front of me in line…but then about half way to Charlie’s table, she ran off and left her friend there. I figured she’d forgotten something, but no, she returns with two friends. I think, okay, perhaps they need to chat for a minute...but then they joined the bloody queue with them, in front of me!! Okay, do they not understand manners at all in France?! Has no one ever told them it’s not nice to queue jump?! Get to the back bitches!! Only…I’m quiet and shy and never said a word - more fool me!!

Anyways, once I get to Charlie’s table, he signs my photo and asks me how I am, told him I was okay, better now that my headache had gone (woke up with it) and he laughs…and gives me that look of his. I take the photo and thank him and wander off, realising he now thinks I’m probably a pisshead and hung-over…oh joy!! But then, so many girls there were, never mind!

Charlie auto

I then went to grab some breakfast and all the important provisions for later - seriously stealing bread rolls, croissants etc for lunch/tea from the breakfast room is kinda fun!! And then I wandered into that dealers room again…and ordered the charm bracelet I wanted and had a chat with the woman there about the Converse hoes she designs. Oh…and I actually dared speak to another fan briefly!

Went to get my Tinsel autograph after that and I really didn’t say much to her, but she was so very sweet and also very cold (the hotel seemed to have heating issues - settings were either artic or hell!!)

Tinsel auto

I was still behind on the signing thing with Christopher and he was behind on signing himself, so that by the time I got to him, they were not allowing personalisation’s anymore to get everyone through. I’m honestly not sure how this saves much time at all…how long does it take to write a name on a photo? Esp when he was still chatting with everyone and still adding bits on some of the photos from what I heard! I did get a nice smile and a wink from him though. He’s a funny guy!!

Chris auto

Autographs all done, was time for Jamie’s talk as he had to leave early to attend the Bafta’s that night. He was bloody hilarious!! Started the talk by announcing to us that he had stupidly forgotten to put any underwear on that morning and how he may walk like a crab!! And the talk kinda went along the same theme from there on out! It was SO funny. At one point whilst answering a completely non related question, he suddenly remembered out loud that he may have left a pair of underwear in his room after he left it this morning!! And then he regretted telling us about the underwear thing and hoped no one would debag him on his way out!! He was just SO funny though - loved him and his posh little accent!! My face actually ached from laughing by the end of his talk and was sorry to see it end!!

Jamie

Jamie

After that, we had about 2 hours to kill for the next talks - time in which people still had some signings to do and lunch etc. I finally got to go wander around the display of costumes that John Henson had brought with him - and was amazed by all the stuff he had, not only from Twilight, New Moon and some exclusives from Eclipse, but also stuff from the Hillywood parodies. I went a bit mad taking photos of everything - and I mean everything!! I was just disappointed that John wasn’t in the room when I went, as I really wanted to ask him (such a dumb question!) but what size Jackson’s top was…because should I ever meet him I have plans for a T-shirt for him! He had another copy of the Jasper top in there (at least I think it was another copy - it was signed in the same place and I assume he had 2 which is why he donated one.) so that got a few pics taken of it - how sad am I?!

Edward's pea coat
The infamous 'pea coat' - as well as Alice's dress, Rosalie's suit and one of Bella's outfits

Edward's baseball top
Edward's baseball top and Emmett's signed baseball cap

Jasper's baseball top
That damn t-shirt that had caused all my silly upset the night before *sigh*

Victoria's costume
Victoria!!!

Bella's party dress
Bella's party dress - stained with fake blood!

Volturi costumes
Volturi robes

Charlie's police uniform
Charlie Swan

Bella's outfit
Bella's 'running to save Edward in Italy' outfit

Carlisle's doctor coat
Doctor Carlisle Cullen

After that I really wanted to go back up to room to put some photos I had bought away (yes, I had banned myself from buying pics - but heck, they were selling them off for £1!! How could I not?!) and to grab some lunch - but the stupid annoying, rude housekeeping staff were sat on the floor in the doorway of my room with it open, having a chat and I couldn’t get in!! I really should have said excuse me and told them I needed to get in - but again, I’m too shy and silly!! So, I went back downstairs for half an hour and sat in the main talks hall, listening to my ipod and arguing with Nina about Jackson! She is very rude about him and I got all defensive…silly moo!!

After I finally got to my room and had some lunch, it was about time for the next talks. Most annoying when I had hoped to grab a swim in that free time frame at some point - oh well!! Next up for the talks were Kiowa and Charlie together. I’m not sure how well that worked together - Kiowa is very quiet and Charlie can talk for England and Ki, bless him, didn’t get much word in!! Still, there were some laughs in there - esp Charlie’s dolphin impression!!

Kiowa & Charlie

After the pair of them, Christopher and Tinsel did a talk - upon signing the banners on the stage (for the auction winners who bid on them) Christopher doodled on Bella’s pic….and was then going to do it to Edward as well - the fans were all yelling whether he should do it or not, and the girl who now owned the banner told him to, so he did - was funny!! Their talk was funny also…but the combination didn’t quite work as well as they combinations did yesterday (ie the Volturi together and the wolf pack/girl together)

Christopher

Tinsel

They all came back on stage for one final talk…which worked better. Apart from all the damn musical chairs at the start and then Charlie putting Tinsel in time out (by moving her on her chair into the corner and leaving her there, facing the wall!) - felt sorry for her, bless! Was another funny session. And then it was the closing ceremony, they thanked all the fans for their support in the movies and making them (the movies, not the actors) what they are… and it was quite sad that it was (almost) all over for another con…*sob* Btw, I had learnt my lesson from the endless boring moments between the talks from the day before, and taken a book with me this time. I might have looked anti-social, but at least I wasn’t bored rigid this time!!

All 4

I was then a sad moo and went upstairs to watch Dancing on Ice (hey, got to support Mikey!) and eat again and start to get ready for the ‘Newborn Vamps’ party. After all, was going to take me about an hour to sort my hair out into Victoria style!!

The party theme seemed to give a lot of attendee’s the excuse to cover themselves in fake blood - go figure?! The likes of Lestat and Louis (Anne Rice Vampire Chronicle vamps) would not have been at all impressed!! They though that a great waste of precious blood!! Anyways…the party decorations tonight were cool!! There were mini pine trees and leaves on the table, and then over in the corner was a tent all lit up (from the inside) and surrounded by fake snow, more tree’s and leaves! It actually looked really cool!! I think there was some weird bouncy castle style game the other side of the room, but I never ventured over there to have a look.

Photobucket

Once I found Nina and Gillian that night - after speaking to a few other friends there, we kinds stood outside in the little lobby area from the party chatting with friends and stuff. It was much quieter tonight - probably less than half of the attendee’s maybe - but it was still busy in the dance hall and everything. And there was a totally unrelated (posh) party in one of the banquet rooms next-door - I’m sure they were thrilled with all the vampire wannabe’s running around covered in blood, torn clothes and tarty outfits!! Mind you, they kept gate crashing out party and coming in for a nosy!

At one point, when I was bored of sitting on the floor talking to random people and complaining of my cold feet (Victoria never wore shoes in Twilight - had to keep it authentic!) I remember trying to persuade Nina to come dance with me…she wouldn’t budge on the idea (face it - was a daft idea of mine to ask her anyways!) but another (much older lady) friend of hers said she would dance with me, so I actually got to dance for the first time all weekend!! And then I went to take some pics of the tent and Jasper trying to spy on his bro in the tent - lmao!!

The party really seemed to be dwindling down by about midnight, and although we were still having fun, having a laugh (such as when they decided I needed leaves in my hair to make it look right, and then stuck a whole branch in my hair from the table decs! And then taking random silly photos with various people and friends) they actually shut the disco down at just after 12.30 tonight! How boring!! And then they started packing away. Okay, the music was shite and repetitive….but I had requested some that was never played (ha! Knew they wouldn’t have any 100 Monkey’s music!) but…it was kinda pants and everyone drifted away after that.

Victoria!

We therefore decided the night was still young and went to sit in the hotel bar! Me dressed as Victoria and Gillian dressed as some random newborn freak vamp!! Who she had decided was rather camp - long story, but it was funny! Gillian very kindly bought me a drink (get the cash from Nina - it can be my forgotten birthday gift!) and there began a complete attack of the giggles and talking loudly about totally unsuitable topics for a posh hotel bar and generally just being rather mad - running around taking photos of my Jasper action figure again and just enjoying ourselves!! It was good to laugh and was honestly the best night of the whole convention!! Being sat in the ‘dance hall’ might make you feel part of the party - but you can’t talk to your friends or anything and it sort of loses something!!

At one point during the bar scene, the guys agent (he was here with Charlie this time - but he represents others - I’ve seen him at every con!) came over to say goodnight to Nina and Gillian - I guess they had got talking to him at the wine reception via someone they knew who knew him. He was saying that he might be over for the next one, depending if they booked anyone through him. Nina asked for Rob and he kinda said no, he didn’t think that would be possible. And then Nina told him I wanted Jackson, and he smiled and said ‘oh, maybe!’ So…YAY!! There is hope yet!! I did kinda beg him to get Jackson for me after that…erherm...I have no morals anymore!!

Around about 3.30, Gillian decided she was hungry, so we went upstairs to call room service and I went back to their room to look at one anothers photos and stuff. We had a laugh, shared some chips and then just after 4am, we said goodnight and I went back to my room!! I still had to pack - but decided it could wait until the morning, had a bath and went to bed.

So the next morning (feeling like death warmed up) I had breakfast alone again and actually got talking to some other fans in the restaurant! The first real conversation I had had with any fans I didn’t previously know all weekend - why did it happen on the last morning?! We had to be out of the hotel by 12pm, but my train wasn’t until 1.45, so I hung around the hotel for a bit, reading. Oh, and when I was checking out, I was waiting ages for a couple who were at the desk…who then dropped his cash all over the floor. And only as he turned around and was walking away, did I realise it was Kiowa and his girlfriend!! Oops…I had not been cursing him to get a move on - honest!!

I had another horrid train journey home (trains hate me! Seriously! Something always goes wrong on the way home!) and that was it for this con…until October!! Eternal Twilight 4...and this time I get my lovely friend Roz to share it with!!

xC

No comments:

Post a Comment