Yes…my missing awol muse who only inspires me to write nonsense fantasy type stuff about Jackson these days, I miss you! Okay, the whole Jackson gig thing is amusing, is keeping me entertained in imagining this whole life I could never have, but wish for so bad and is kinda making me happy in the escapism sense of the word.
BUT…damn you - I need my massive inspiration. Send me my Twilight or my Harry Potter - inspire me to write something amazing that I can get published, become huge (or at least sell really well) and make me some damn money from something I enjoy doing so I can get the hell out of the shit hole job I am in!! Seriously!!
What I wouldn’t give to be paid for doing something I love to do. And, I kinda think I can write…I’m not perfect, and I don’t understand some or the ‘writing laws’ and probably break many, but….people, including complete strangers online, have appeared to enjoy my work, so I believe I could do this. If only the most amazing plot and characters would come to me!!
Because, I need out of my job. I need to leave childcare before I kill one of the kids or the staff or blow up the entire ofsted head office. I hate you - I seriously do!! How many other jobs have a ton of paperwork that is changed, quite literally every five minutes? Every time you start doing something, someone else comes along and tells you, you’re doing that wrong - when the same damn person told you last time that was how to do it? Why? Do these bloody idiots sit up there in their ivory tower, never having spoken to a child, let alone worked with one, and decide how they can make our working lives more hellish on a daily basis? I swear they do.
I thought Ofsted’s role was to make sure children were being cared for correctly - surely so long as a child in any kind of day-care is happy, engaged in what they’re doing and having fun, that’s all that matters? We are not teachers - I have never trained as a teacher. I am not teaching them their maths or English skills. We are basically a glorified drop off centre for most Mum’s - somewhere for them to dump their kids whilst they get a few hours peace. All they need from us is a few social skills, getting used to leaving Mum and being able to take themselves to the toilet etc - they can do that, they’re ready for school and my job is done.
But, nope…I suppose Ofsted want them speaking another 5 languages before they leave pre-school now - because it’s all just getting totally ridiculous and I am sit to my back teeth of it!! I need a new job and I need it now! And I can totally understand why so many teachers are leaving the profession now - it’s not about working with kids anymore - it’s filling in a bunch of paperwork and observing kids like they are specimens in a jar - not individual human beings who all develop at their own rate.
My only real problem is, I don’t know what else I would do - not realistically anyway. Which is why I need the writing thing to work out…I use it for fun and escapism right now - imagine getting paid to do that? Awesome!!
So, come on muse - get a move on will you?!
xC
The Sparkly, Viral Elephant in the Room
-
[image: Diamond Elephant brooch by E. WOLFE]
The vampire elephant in the sunlight was shocking...
Greetings from Quarantineville, USA! Population: Most o...
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment